Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What it means: 4-star 2023 Louisiana QB Eli Holstein commits to Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited May 2022 in Article commenting
imageWhat it means: 4-star 2023 Louisiana QB Eli Holstein commits to Alabama

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep points out what the commitment of 4-star Louisiana QB Eli Holstein means to Georgia with its 2023 recruiting class and the efforts to sign 5-star QB Arch Manning.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

It don't mean nothing, no victim no crime. It don't mean nothing til you sign it on the dotted line. Richard Marx

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited May 2022

Referring to the captioned picture:

Some faces you just want to punch, ya know!?

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing has changed. except . Saban just stockpiling like UGA has. It'll all shake out eventuallhy, but NIck not getting caught with his pants down.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It was always between Georgia and Texas-Bama was not in the hunt.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

247 sports rated the top 25 best qb's for this season yesterday, guess who isn't mentioned? THat would be our own SB IV.

• Options
    dirty_dawgdirty_dawg Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Jeff, this literally told us nothing we didn't already know. Come on buddy. What gives with Arch?

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What? He is #4 QB for this cycle but slots him in as no. 8 QB overall for this class? Huh? There is a difference in cycle and class? "The 6-foot-4, 222-pound Holstein ranks as the nation’s No. 4 QB for this cycle. That slots him in as the nation’s No. 8 QB and the No. 54 overall recruit for this class."

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I always thought it was between UGA and Bama since Texas is not in the SEC yet and Manning's want to go against the best defenses in practice every day and in games. Well UGA has the practices covered but if he wants to play against the best defense in games, he better not go to UGA because, well, they are the best baby!

So, unless Manning wants to go to Texas and be their starting QB when Texas comes into the SEC and try to win the SEC in their first season and make a huge SEC splash and make some history that would be pretty awesome, I say right now, if today was signing day, he is all Dawg. That is if Jeff really knows what he is talking about and he is right about Bama won't take 2 QB's. I am willing to bet they would though, if Manning really wanted to come there, don't y'all?

But let's say Jeff does know what he is talking about, then I say UGA is looking like the Top Dawg right now for Manning. Unless some other school pops up. Don't know who really, I mean it has got to be an SEC school, I am almost positive about that, and one with lots of really good players. I see a couple of possibilities, maybe 3 or 4, but would Manning risk playing for coaches that haven't been on their job too long? That includes Sarks too, even though he isn't in the SEC(yet). Stoops has been on the job awhile, but the rest haven't really. Kiffin is unreliable as it gets. Pittman at ARK? I doubt it but that would be awesome! UF, UT? Coaches just got there and might implode like their last ones. (Notice no mention of Auburn 😁) So again, I say Kirby and UGA is where Manning would be going, as of right now, if he had to pick. But he don't...