Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN tabs Georgia assistants Fran Brown, Bryan McClendon as potential future head coaches

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageESPN tabs Georgia assistants Fran Brown, Bryan McClendon as potential future head coaches

Georgia football has some promising assistants on its coaching staff.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You might want to add Dell Mcgee to the list. He is older but not as old as Pittman. If he wants the headache. I would think he might want to give it a shot before he retires.

So thankful for the UGA assistants like Mcgee, Schumann, Muschamp that have stuck around. I will say it again, Muschamp was the X-Factor last season. He has made an immediate and noticeable difference on and off the field since he joined the staff. What a blessing to have a great defensive coach like him helping out! Incredible! Then his head coaching experience in the SEC, got to be a huge help to Kirby in areas.

Enjoy the ride fellas. We are living in the golden age of UGA football. Soak in every minute.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You got that right. For whatever reason, Bobo is being left out of the conversation. LOL.

He may very well be an xfactor on the offensive side of the ball for the next 3 or 4 years, now that his Son is playing on the oline. He and B. McLendon have history, too. If Monkin does decide to leave, in a year or two, the transition should be smooth...provided Bobo can get a couple of years of Monkin's tutoring under his belt.

Play calling was Bobo's weakness, early in his career. Don't know if that's still the case. I'm sure he's learned a thing or two since his years with Mark Richt, but, two years with Todd "Yoda" Monkin could complete him as an Offensive Coordinator & Play Caller.

• Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

If Geoff Collins can't get it turned around at Georgia Tech, McClendon would be the best candidate to replace him. Mike Bobo would be an excellent offensive coordinator in that scenario.

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 663 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Tech hasn't had a "REAL Coach" since George O'Leary and Bobby Ross before him. Paul "triple option" Johnson, won some games with a gimmick offense over the years that was only average in the "win column". Chan Gailey wasted one of the best receivers, to play college football, by throwing to him just a few times/game in the years he was there (2004-2006).

Tech needs to get serious about football again. They've been a lame-duck far too long. There is no reason they can't compete with the likes of Notre Dame, Perdue or Stanford. Hire a freaking Coach, for God's sake and stop playing with mediocrity.

• Options

That might be one of the best ideas I've heard. Although, I think I would rather see Tech hire a Mel Tucker or Dan Lanning (defensive minded HC) and pick up McClendon and Bobo to run the offense. All 4 of those guys can recruit...and we all know, you can't win big, without the Jimmy's and Joe's. That means they would have to pony-up the money to hire a quality HC. From the time O'Leary left for ND, they've been playing in the fiduciary minor leagues of NCAA Football. LOL. And top Ga. HS recruits know it.