Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Caleb Downs: Georgia football 5-star safety target sets commitment date

SystemSystem Posts: 7,419 admin
edited July 2022 in Article commenting
imageCaleb Downs: Georgia football 5-star safety target sets commitment date

One of the top players in America has now set a decision date, as 5-star safety Caleb Downs will announce his commitment on July 27 at 1 p.m. Downs is the No. 1 ranked player in the state of Georgia for the 2023 recruiting cycle and doubles as the No. 1 safety in the class.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Caleb Downs would be an excellent addition to the future defensive backfield. For the many things that UGA has to offer, none are more important than the coaches he will be working with, not to mention the exposure he will quickly get.

Great to see such a quality player come from home!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand the need for these top recruits to be dialed almost exclusively into the football side of their options... after all, they intend for that to ultimately be their career. But in addition to that, I see no reason not to treat yourself to a top-notch education and the best college town in America as an extra bonus by committing to the G. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

I highly suspect that he is going to Ohio State. They have all the momentum right now and need defensive players to play right away for Knowles

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well @My_Dawg_Ryan, my preference is that he commits to UGA. But if not UGA, I much prefer him at Ohio State than Alabama. But we'll see. Who knows with kids these days?

Hey @connorriley, just a pro tip here, but do please try and avoid beginning so many sentences with "As it stands," or "As it stands right now." It makes your copy weak for one thing because it is passive voice and secondly, in that phrasing, what does "it" refer to? Moving on. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

I would echo Chief's comments...among the four schools on Caleb's list there is one clear choice as far as coaching superiority and immediate exposure. Georgia will be his pick if development to the next level is truly his priority...it will still take a great deal of work, commitment and dedication on his part to convert a 5 star HS player into an SEC stand out and NFL draft pick!