Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: Georgia adds ‘The Boogeyman’ in Tovani Mizell to its 2024 recruiting class

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: Georgia adds ‘The Boogeyman’ in Tovani Mizell to its 2024 recruiting class

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star RB Tovani Mizell. He ranks as the nation’s No. 5 RB and the No. 105 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    NorthHallDawgNorthHallDawg Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Laurie Strode: "Was that the Boogeyman?"

Dr. Loomis: "As a matter of fact, it was..."

Welcome to the "G"!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2024 recruiting class is looking strong!

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

4.39 is fast for an SEC TB. 4.3 is elite.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

I love running backs with break-away speed. Welcome to UGA, Boogeyman - soon you will be scaring the he!! out of some defensive coordinators, as you will become their latest nightmare!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe I'm misreading it but something's not adding up for me on the Rivals performance page. HIs individual times in the 40 both hand and laser timed are stated as being better than the best time by his position group?

As I have watched several minutes of his film, he doesn't appear(to my eye) to be a 4.3 guy. How do you get chased down from behind if you'r e that fast? THe fastest laser time for his position group is 4.51(very realistic) but he has his time recorded as being 4.30? Someone help me out. KIds quick enough, just not 4.3 IMHO. Watch his film. Running ability jumps out at you but not burner type speed.

Don't mean to be a partypooper, just giving an opinion.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You naturally lose a little of your 40 time, when you're in full pads. A 4.39 might be 4.5 in pads, for example.

This kid HAS 2 MORE YEARS OF HIGH SCHOOL, for God's sake!!! He WILL get stronger...He WILL get faster. His description is a lot like what we heard about Herschel Walker, through the grape vine, when I was in HS. I truly hope he winds up putting on a UGA uniform. Can't wait to see him play.

A "Herschel Walker" only comes around once in a lifetime. This might be UGA's second bite on the apple. He could very well be "The One"...little Neo. LOL

World Class Power, speed, size and athleticism are rare in an athlete. There was Walker on the gridiron, Shaquille O'Neal on the court, Tiger on the links and Barry Bonds on the diamond....Then along came "The Boogeyman". LOL

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Noted the blocking around him needed work. He got going a few times. He shot up the middle a couple of times...impressive. Reversed field. Can also catch the ball. Mizell did not seem to have blazing speed but much of the time had to create his own holes and path. They said he lazered a 4.3. That is very quick. This is high school football and he is only a sophomore.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you'll remember....you never saw Herschel's blazing speed until he found a lane in the defensive backfield. He had 3 gears...fast, faster and fastest. You only saw the "fastest" gear, when he had open field and end zone in front of him. When you saw it, you knew it, and there was a little awe. Dooley worked with him, during the '81 preseason, on following his blockers and not trying to run over everybody...that slowed him down a little bit, but, it kept him healthy.

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Crank up KC's "I'm Your Boogie Man!" song as he's crashing through the hedges after breakaway 6!

Go Dawgs!!!

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome! Welcome to the Dawg fam, Tovani! Let’s win some championships!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Word circulating that Mizell may be looking into reclassifying for the 23 class -- this would be phenomenal and explain why so little being heard on the 23 RB recruiting front! A 23 class of Mizell and Roderick Robinson (currently committed to UCLA and from Terrell Davis' hometown of San Diego) would be a great tandem in my opinion. Robinson is reportedly looking very closely at UGA and would be another great add from Cali! Robinson would provide the thunder at 225-230 pound range and Mizell the lightning at 6'1 195-200 range!