Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hykeem Williams: 5-star Georgia WR target sets up his very highly-anticipated commitment date

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageHykeem Williams: 5-star Georgia WR target sets up his very highly-anticipated commitment date

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 5-star WR prospect Hykeem Williams out of South Florida. He ranks as the nation’s No. 2 WR and the No. 19 overall prospect for 2023 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Very talented young man. Looks like a grown man playing against kids out there. Hope he becomes a Dawg! Come help us win some championships, Hykeem.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

Looks like he leans toward Texas A&M and that NIL! Until UGA starts involving the WRs more, it’s best not to get your hopes up! Just like manning, he isn’t coming here! I assume we are 3rd on the pecking list behind A& M and Miami

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Commit to the G!!!!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, we aren't anticipated to be in the running for him according to experts and honestly we tend to be successful getting the 3-4 star WRs (since we don't heavily throw massive bombs) and instead are more likely to get a highly rated TE instead.

Either way, fingers crossed.

• Options
    pepinpepin Posts: 52 ✭✭ Sophomore

Well, I know that I criticize UGA's attempts to recruit QBs and WRs. BUT ... I think UGA gets him.

1. UGA has a recent track record of getting 5 stars, WRs and DBs out of Miami
    2. George Pickens just went in the second round and will start for Pittsburgh as a rookie
    3. People won't like to read this but I will say it anyway: the 6 year era of Jake Fromm and Stetson Bennett IV will be over after this season and the next QB in line - most likely Carson Beck - will have more traditional pro style height and arm strength and be able to get him the ball downfield and on tough difficult curl and sideline routes (the sort of catches that college WRs need tape of making if NFL teams are going to consider them for 1st round picks)

So yeah, I think that UGA gets him and that it changes the narrative around UGA recruiting. And it will make the eyes and ears in Tuscaloosa - whom UGA has long bypassed in defense recruiting and matched in OL recruiting, leaving skill position recruiting as their only clear advantage over UGA - perk up in worry.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Game Changer! Commit to the G!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate to say we need him, but we need him! I'm a Bryan McLendon fan, but I'm about ready for him to produce recruits the way he was predicted to produce recruits. Especially these South Florida kids. So far, that ain't happened. But there is still time. And I live in Texas and have been to the A&M campus many times. I don't know what this kid is looking for and though he is correct that it's large, there is NO WAY it looks better than the UGA campus. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought the same thing... dude needs to stroll through the UGA campus, and Athens... a gem of a place to get a top-notch education and elite football development. I actually went to Stranahan High... crappy school and unappealing surroundings (back then)... the G feels like heaven in comparison. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Nickelsonx1Nickelsonx1 Posts: 75 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hate we missed on this guy!

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

George Pickens would have gone in the 1st round if he had not been hurt, anyone that has watched him, knows it was not QB Stetson Bennett IV that cause him to drop to the 2nd round of the NFL Draft, if TE Brock Bowers could have left, he would have been a 1st round pick too, so to say it's just because of the QB, just isn't all true.