Is there really something brewing with 5-star CB Tyson Campbell?

Heavy heart this morning for what happened in Las Vegas. .....

But here's what is going on with UGA and a 5-star CB target.

• Tyson Campbell will give UGA an official.
  • Don't expect a decision anytime soon
  • The 5-star is a true prototype CB
  • He will take all 5 OVs...
  • Campbell "feels comfortable" at UGA
  • That American Heritage connection again ...
  • King Kearis knows how to work his SmartPhone

Comments

• dcorbett70dcorbett70 Posts: 30 ✭✭ Sophmore

@JeffSentell Each week, there seems to be a build-up hope of more commitments....and then each week slides by with a delay. Obviously you have to maintain confidences, but perhaps you could shed light on the issue. Clearly, one of two things have to be happening.
    1. Intentional delay of announcements....for whatever reason.
    2. Some that are expected to make a public commitment aren't quite ready and are exploring options until they are completely sure.

I don't buy into the speculation that it is one specific thing that recruits are looking for. Each week, many of us speculate that "this week" is the win that recruits REALLY need to see. It was Notre Dame, Miss St and then Tenn.....and now Florida. One game doesn't secure anything. Everybody loses at times.

• DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dcorbett70 said:
    @JeffSentell Each week, there seems to be a build-up hope of more commitments....and then each week slides by with a delay. Obviously you have to maintain confidences, but perhaps you could shed light on the issue. Clearly, one of two things have to be happening.
    2. Some that are expected to make a public commitment aren't quite ready and are exploring options until they are completely sure.

I don't buy into the speculation that it is one specific thing that recruits are looking for. Each week, many of us speculate that "this week" is the win that recruits REALLY need to see. It was Notre Dame, Miss St and then Tenn.....and now Florida. One game doesn't secure anything. Everybody loses at times.

To be fair, Georgia's only played one good team and that was Notre Dame. After the last two games Miss State has played, it turned out to be that 1) LSU is straight up garbage and 2) Miss State was actually not that good to begin with. The only game recruits are probably having their eye on is the Auburn game. That's when Georgia actually plays a true defense and a true pocket passer in Stidham.

@JeffSentell Saw that snippet just now right above that picture. Very, very heavy hearts to what happened in Vegas last night.

@tiger_62082 said:

@DawgsofWar said:

@dcorbett70 said:

To be fair, Georgia's only played one good team and that was Notre Dame. After the last two games Miss State has played, it turned out to be that 1) LSU is straight up garbage and 2) Miss State was actually not that good to begin with. The only game recruits are probably having their eye on is the Auburn game. That's when Georgia actually plays a true defense and a true pocket passer in Stidham.

We don't really know how good Notre Dame is (and that they're better than Mississippi State) as their schedule has been pathetic outside of us. I'll judge them after the Miami, Stanford and USC games. I am certain that the Irish would lose to Auburn - most likely by more than a TD. The Irish get so much undeserved hype and praise every year.

Well, as of now, judging by who Georgia has played so far, they've won more games than Miss State, Samford, App State, and Tennessee. They've beaten their opponents by almost 40 points a game. That's what I'm going off of as of right now. Yea of course they have USC, Miami, and Stanford later on, but they've looked better than the teams Georgia has played so far. You could say that they've played a bunch of nobodies, but if you make that argument, you would have to say that every Power 5 team should be beating a no-named teamed regularly.

• dbrown7494dbrown7494 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Michigan st. is 3-1 right now... which makes them pretty legit as of right now. More answers to come in coming weeks though.

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dbrown7494 said:
    Michigan st. is 3-1 right now... which makes them pretty legit as of right now. More answers to come in coming weeks though.

Beat Bowling green, W Michigan and Iowa. Lots of P5 teams have winning records at the moment EVEN UT!

• donmdonm Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Teddy is my man! You can always count on him to tell it like it is, or at least, how it oughta be.

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 @donm thanks for all the love, guys. Haha

So Michigan st. isn't very good team... I think some people were wrong here.

• ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

@dbrown7494 said:
    So Michigan st. isn't very good team... I think some people were wrong here.

Indeed

Mich St just beat #7 Michigan.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 309 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well....I'm not going to judge MSU at all........All I will say that tonight they went 13 straight drives and only got one first down. They also were +5 in turnovers and only won by 4...tell me how good MSU is?

Beat #7 Michigan in the big house what proof more do you need.

• Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Reread my original comment
    FYI in rivalry games you throw out records and rankings. Anything can happen

Yup...would anyone in this forum say that GT was an overall better team than UGA the last two years?

• bmauldinbmauldin Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Way to go Florida!

Had a HUGE recruiting weekend. Campbell and surtain were there and "most of the commits for 2018 and some for 2019".

Hope we land some lockdown corners, it doesn't get much better than those two.

Work your magic Sony Michel!

@tiger_62082 Notre Dame sitting pretty at number 13 with USC this weekend! :D

@Teddy said:
    @tiger_62082 @donm thanks for all the love, guys. Haha

"You can't fear the fire. That's where we work" That stuff is priceless!

@DawgsofWar said:
    @tiger_62082 Notre Dame sitting pretty at number 13 with USC this weekend! :D

Man, that win is looking better and better every week. They may be a load when they return the favor in Athens in the near future.

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Yup...would anyone in this forum say that GT was an overall better team than UGA the last two years?

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

V> @Palm_City_Dawg said:

@tiger_62082 said:

@dbrown7494 said:

Certainly not better on paper.