Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 questions for Georgia football Scrimmage Two: Who is the No. 2 quarterback?

SystemSystem Posts: 10,488 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
image3 questions for Georgia football Scrimmage Two: Who is the No. 2 quarterback?

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has plenty of pressing questions about his football team with the Georgia-Oregon game two weeks away.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think that, if Mcintosh does have to go as a feature back, he'll be in consideration for post season awards - Doak, for sure, and maybe Heisman. If he gets more than 20 carries a game, he will be the next great RB at RBU.

Also, Trezman Marshall will be a household name by years' end.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dogs_n_braves I believe McIntosh has been the most skilled back the past two seasons ,but seniority

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@MikeGriffith I’d wholeheartedly agree. I think we’ve even heard some highly touted analysts/color guys assert the same. Excited for him to be “the guy”.

Do you recall any injury bugs he’s been riddled with at UGA? It seems to my, admittedly often faulty, memory that he’s stayed relatively healthy. Hope he can this year (knock on wood).

• Options
    HowlnwoofHowlnwoof Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

This year might be more important than past years regarding our backup QBs...maybe not. I really feel more confident than ever that we have more depth than I can ever remember at QB. I hope we don't need to rely on depth, but it sure is nice to know we have it!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree. If White and Cook had turned pro after the 2020 season, McIntosh and Milton would have been the featured backs, in 2021. Once again, Kirby has stacked experience and talent at a skilled position.

I, personally can't wait to see what Branson Robinson can do. If he runs with as much power as projected, he will definitely be given a play package to get involved early. Nothin' like a little Thunder & Lightning to get the running game and play-action working. Visions of Chubb & Michel come to mind. With UGA's efficient, yet explosive, passing game and NFL quality O-Line, McIntosh and Milton/Robinson should be able to rack up the yards this year.

I'll say it again...the only thing that will stop UGA's offense this year...is UGA. They should be able to move the ball at-will. Given, that Smart's defense will undoubtedly play to standard, which has been stellar since Smart arrived on campus, the Dawgs should walk through the East, unscathed.

BAMA has a much harder row-to-hoe, in the West. With the question marks at O-Line, WR and DB...not to mention several big-named personalities, unfamiliar with the Saban-way, being introduced into the locker room chemistry cauldron. I have a feeling, that The Tide won't be able to handle some of the adversity they will face this year. Then, there's the Sophmore QB Curse that Young will have to avoid, somehow. LOL

Yeah...I'd much rather be a Dawg, than an oceanic event (Tide). LOL