Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

5 Georgia takeaways after Scrimmage Two: Secondary, O-Line strong, depth concerns

SystemSystem Posts: 10,486 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
image5 Georgia takeaways after Scrimmage Two: Secondary, O-Line strong, depth concerns

ATHENS — Georgia has as much talent as any program in the country, but the Bulldogs have more weak spots than they did a season ago.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was a generalized view of UGA at this point......kinda a rehash of previous day. We are supposed to be thrilled with UGA at #3? Not I. I can recall UGA being rated #3 until it imprinted on my addled brain during Richt's era. This is a new era and the games top paid coach, and crack staff, with super talented players, who have sculpted a Georgia team ready to challenge for the title every year from the #1 spot. I expect UGA to run the table this season and into the playoffs emerging triumphant. That IS my reality.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can someone remind me, how many players from last year's team were drafted? I can't seem to find that number anywhere in any articles. I wonder what the record is for the number of players drafted from a single school.

And while we're on it, I wish I could find out how many from last year's tea transferred to other schools.

Maybe I should Google it.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Take a deep breath. It's just a pre-season ranking. It would only potentially matter if we were all the way down in the high teens or 20s, and even that isn't as big a deal these days with the CFP rankings coming out more than halfway through the season and being adjusted week to week. The top 5 pre-season positions are pretty much interchangeable as far as their impact on end-of-year results is concerned.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with most of that except, we aren't quite at the point of starting out at #1 every season. And that is just the reality. And that is OK, because it is NOT where you start that matters nearly as much as how you start and how the team is playing come mid-October and beyond.

That being said, what you said, got me pumped! Let's have some more of that come game weeks!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

Ummmmm. his post was dripping with sarcasm, I think.(maybe yours was, too!!)

and kinda funny at that!!!

Go Dawgs! National Champions! 1942, 1980, 2021, and ????

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DId we lose any players to the Draft?