Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

4 Georgia players first-team preseason All-SEC, per league coaches

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
image4 Georgia players first-team preseason All-SEC, per league coaches

ATHENS — Georgia landed four players on the SEC Coaches’ preseason first-team, five players on the second team, and had one third-team selection.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 653 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm surprised but delighted that Stetson and Ladd are getting some pre-season recognition.

Broderick Jones is missing though. He may make the first team by the end of the season.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I Agree 100%. Jones should lead the list of OTs.

It wasn't McClendon that sparked the running game in the second half or "4th qtr", as some of these blind sportswriters assert. It was the installation of Broderick Jones at LT and reassignment of Salyer to RG. McClendon maintained his RT position throughout the game.

Jones should definitely be getting more love from our own sportswriters. If Dawg Nation sportswriters were more proactive with regard to hype, maybe the rest of the SEC would be more informed. That, in my opinion, is the Dawgs biggest weakness. Weak sportswriters, equate to very little National or even Regional exposure.

That's one of the reasons we only get a Heisman once every 40 yrs. Charlie Trippi should have won it back in the 40's, but, the "Yankee Media" couldn't stomach giving another Award to UGA. That's what it boils down to. They've adopted BAMA as one of their own. It resulted in 3 Heisman winners in a 10 yr span. Go figure.

At least Bennett is finally on the radar. Go get em Stet.

Where's McIntosh? You're telling me, you'd rather have that little scat back from Tech (Gibbs), than Kenny McIntosh? BS!!!

• Options
    UGADawgUGADawg Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ Junior

How many DAWGS were on the pre-season list last year? Exactly. To quote CKS - let’s let the pads do the talking.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great news! I only wish all 22 of Bama’s starters and at least three or four special teamers had been voted to the first team! It will make December and January all the more special when the Dawgs prove that UGA is king of the SEC and nation and Dawg players clean up with the only accolades that matter!