Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football podcast: Kirk Herbstreit warns UGA about Alabama

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football podcast: Kirk Herbstreit warns UGA about Alabama

Georgia football is the No. 1 topic every day on DawgNation Daily — the daily podcast for fans of the national champion Georgia Bulldogs. Catch up on everything happening with UGA athletics with host Brandon Adams and the DawgNation experts as they break down the latest Georgia football recruiting news and discuss coach Kirby Smart’s quest to keep the Bulldogs on top of the college football world. On episode No. 1,765 (Aug. 26, 2022) of the podcast, Georgia fans can hear a discussion about what ESPN analyst Kirk Herbstreit said about Alabama and his prediction that the Crimson Tide will win the SEC this season over Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirk Kuckstreet! LOL!

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ala who? Never heard of em.

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2022

And Kirk onewaystreet has Ohio St playing for the NC every season.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited August 2022

While I may not like all of Herbstreit's predictions, I find him to be one of best minds commentating on CFB. Relative to the field of "experts" out there in the media (Corso anyone?), he's balanced and fact-based, plus has tremendously deep reach into most of the Power 5 conferences and sees a lot of info we're unlikely to see.

I feel similarly about Heather Dinich: informed, reasonable, and a good thinker.

Given both of them are predicting 'Bama and have some good points to back it up, I hope UGA will use this as motivation to avoid another SEC CG like last year's (presuming the Dawgs make it, which I think they will)... I expect UGA is unlikely to come to the 2022 SEC CG overconfident, and PoVs like this can only encourage the players to listen even more closely to Kirby and Monken, IMHO.

Go Dawgs, and prove them wrong!

• KirbyFanKirbyFan Posts: 22 ✭ Freshman

Sorry, but Herbstreet is a Big 10 and Ohio State Homer!

He also plays up Saban and will be Beating the Ohio State & Bama National Championship game.

Georgia will definitely need to improve as the year goes by and Bama will need to keep those Precious Superstars from getting a Boo Boo.

• Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree as to the motivation factor/possibility of their comments.

Assuming we get to the SECCG this year, and barring injuries we should, I have no doubt that Coach Kirby and his staff will have all the “reminders” (talking heads spewing their agenda-driven, inane comments like these and the play of the Dawgs in last year’s game) in hand to have the Dawgs ready to play!

Go Dawgs!