Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football winners and losers following 2022 fall camp

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited August 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers following 2022 fall camp

Georgia football wrapped up fall camp and is ready to open the season against Oregon.

Read the full story here

Comments

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Game week at last; go Dawgs!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m curious how Mims is performing. This article is the first time I’ve seen his name mentioned since practice started. Does anyone have an update on his status? Go Dawgs!!!

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personal thought here. Since all the losers are on our opponents teams, how about, "Who stepped up and who stepped back." Just uncomfortable referring to anyone on our team as a loser. Plus, I'm getting sensitive in old age lol.

• thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, an example of how this article pulled punches because there were definitely some guys on the OL that can be considered "losers" ... not because they played poorly but because UGA has recruited so well here - and unlike DL, LB, RB, WR, DB hasn't lost any major recent guys early to the NFL or to the portal - that there aren't enough spots for everyone who deserves them. There are OL who have no chance at starting this year (barring injury) that would be clear starters for other top 15 teams.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with Beachdawg, no point referring to anyone on the team as a "loser". You wouldn't refer to your own child like that if they missed a field goal. "Son, you're a loser!" I also doubt any of the writers on here would call a player a loser to their face. If Kirby cusses them out, that's his job, not ours. And I'm Ok with a grade. Giving a guy an F on a performance isn't the same as calling him a loser.JMHO

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What's strange is that UGA doesn't appear to have B and C options at skill positions. Especially WR. Recruitment isn't over, so maybe they do.

• GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Saturday can't get here quick enough! GO DAWGS!!

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2022

I agree! I can’t count how many times Riley and Mike have royally messed up in their articles. By his standards they are losers for some articles and winners on the ones they take their time on!

• ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It all starts in the trenches. That is the foundation of everything you want to do on offense and defense. Seems the OL is good as any in the nation. Defense, not as solid it seems, but we don't know that yet and it could be fantastic early on or later down the road. So I expect the offense to be really, really good. And the defense to be good and just get better as the season goes. I think we are in really good shape and if we get past Oregon, come 2nd half and end of the season, we could be a BEAST!

It sure feels good to be this confident starting a season, instead of hoping we somehow hang in there and find a way to win the biggest games. But instead KNOW that we WILL BE in the biggest games at the end and that its most all of the OTHER teams...that have to worry about hanging in there with us!