Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jalen Carter, Georgia’s most dominant defender, dealing with ankle injury

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageJalen Carter, Georgia’s most dominant defender, dealing with ankle injury

ATHENS — Jalen Carter, Georgia’s most dominant defensive player has not been 100 percent since the opening game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We've been doing this great defensive thing with a half/man down. Can't wait til he gets to full speed!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

Carter is the one indispensable player on this team. Sit him as long as it takes to be 100% for the SECCG.

Like to know the Poole story. Displaced from starting by TSmith, Starks, Bullard, DJackson, etc so saving his eligibility for transfer??

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Poole is an engima. It isn't good as Smart is reluctant to detail. Personal issues. He has left the team roster and moved on.

UGA needs Carter healthy..do NOT play him against Kent State. Mitchell either. UGA could be looking at 16 down like last season. Right now only at 11. It never ceases to amaze me.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn’t agree more. Ankles and hamstrings tend to linger if not allowed to heal. Don’t push it this week. Now , if we were facing tennessee or Florida I may have a different opinion, but why risk further injuring the ankles?

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Jalen gets the time off he needs to totally get that ankle healed. At this point, Georgia seems to be on cruise control for a while, but he will be needed once the meat of the games arrives. I hope he is able to play up to his old abilities as this is supposed to be a monster season for him - and Georgia certainly can benefit from his tremendous talents! GO DAWGS!