Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart is going to hate what Kent State coach Sean Lewis said about Georgia football

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart is going to hate what Kent State coach Sean Lewis said about Georgia football

Technically speaking, Kent State’s Sean Lewis was incorrect when assessing the Georgia football team.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lewis knows what he is about to encounter and is building UGA up so KS is not so let down at game's end. He knows he will see a team superior to Wash, and OK on field this Saturday. Kirby, however, will not look past KS..as they do have a very good QB and receiver corps....just not much in the OL and DL to back them up. They are well coached with Lewis. UGA should roll over them by end of the half I would think. OK had them by only 7 at half time if I recall correctly. KS playrd tough. UGA needs to get the 2s and 3s continued reps...esp the QBs.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No Kirby, Kent State is not a really good football team...

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Rat poison. Period. Kent State is good. Anyone can beat anyone in this day and age - just ask Texas AM. Georgia needs to get a lot better in order to beat Kentucky, Tennessee, Florida, and Bama.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's ok to admit you're better than your opponent. I don't think calling it rat poison is the key to not allowing complacency to set in. Probably more like if I don't see maximum effort on the film after the game you don't start next week. Get after it or else.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't know.... I've heard rumors about them having the best "long snappuh" in the business......

• Options

Good to see James Cook put in some work last night. Chubb scored 3 TD's Sunday, and Swift had a big game for Detroit!

• Options

And in other news. Shane BEamer has had to apologize for his frustration in the women students not clearing the endzone fast enough.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Laying it on thick eh? Kirby should just play vids of App St beating aTm around the building all week.

• Options

Thanks for the down votes about UGA guys doing good in the NFL-LOL! So, an article was posted about it, instead. :) DIdn't see anyone down voting about William Poole well wishers posting under the wrong article. Must be personal.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I get a chuckle when I read about the talent on a team based on stars coming out of high school. Those stars are gone before the ink dries on the NLI.

Bama may have more composite stars on their roster, but the Dawg players have clearly replaced Bama as the best prepared, most disciplined team in the country. Not in my wildest dreams can I imagine a Kirby Smart team having 15 accepted penalties in a game.

Having quality players coming out of HS is important. Having elite coaches to turn prospects into five star college players is what wins championships!

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't forget..."Kirby's Kids" fit a particular character mold, that allows them to be pushed to their limits in a search for perfection. Kinda what I would call, "The Herb Brooks Method". Today's UGA players would be successful, no matter what profession they chose.

The Navy SEALS, Army Rangers, Rescue Divers and other elite services use that method, in a sense. UGA turns away more 5-star players than it accepts. Look at Zack Evans with Ole Miss, for example.