Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia star Jalen Carter still slowed by ankle, questionable for Kent State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia star Jalen Carter still slowed by ankle, questionable for Kent State

ATHENS — Georgia defensive tackle Jalen Carter remains limited by the ankle injury that forced him out of the starting lineup against South Carolina and led to him playing only 11 snaps last Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Allow those guys another week or two to heal. We will need them for the home stretch and it will help getting valuable reps for the young guys.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely no reason to be playing Carter or Green this week....maybe not even next week against Missouri (who is ridiculously bad this year). Hamstrings and ankle injuries are some of the easiest to linger if you don't give them time to heal.

• Options
    97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like a great time to rest some guys and give younger Dawgs game time.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

I wonder if Luther Burden is rethinking his decision to go to Mizzou and stay home (which I respect).

I saw him get the TD return, but haven't even checked his stats this season.

My thought was he could do more for his family by playing for UGA and really showing out to bring home the $$$.

Oh, and keep guys like Carter out until absolutely necessary.

Glad the game at Mizzou isn't a noon game at least...I still remember the game in 2018. I believe we went for it on 4th and 1 and they stacked the box to stop us.

I pray those days are gone!

Edit: yes, it was this game. The stop comes at about 1:00 left in the first half, and this is right after CKS laid into whoever it was on the headset. I presume it was Chaney. We got stopped on 4th and short with him more times than I care to count.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great point about Luther Burden. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the dreaded portal smiles on UGA this year with the gift of him heading to Athens.