Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia coach Kirby Smart reveals approach and philosophy in deep quarterback room

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia coach Kirby Smart reveals approach and philosophy in deep quarterback room

Where the Georgia quarterback situation has been concerned, Kirby Smart once famously said, “The plan is there is no plan.”

Read the full story here

Comments

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It certainly will be an eventful spring. I’m hoping Beck, Vandagriff and Stockton all stick it out for spring ball, at least.

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No plan for Fields and Fromm? So, the freshman was allowed to go in and waste two series a game, one per half, when all he was able to perform in the offense was the one-look-tuck-and-run which seldom resulted in points and mostly three and outs.

No plan? C’mon Kirby! Just admit you were a green HC and that you screwed up not holding the QB room to the same standard as the rest of the team…the player plays who EARNS the reps and gives the team the best chance to win.

No plan? Literally unbelievable!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2022

As I’ve said before, “exactly what games would we have definitely won that we lost if Kirby had started Fields, Eason or JT”? The only game I can name is the Vandy game in Athens when he started Eason instead of Lambert because so many experts were pleading to bench Lambert so they could see beautiful 70 yard incompletions. I’m about 95% certain we would have beaten Vandy if we hadn’t played the young inexperienced QB, but the fans wanted to see the 5-star freshman. So my humble advice is to let it go and let the coaches make the decisions. Go Dawgs!!!

• brucelhunterbrucelhunter Posts: 19 ✭✭ Sophomore
    edited September 2022

No surprise, Kirby admits there is "no plan" when it comes to the quarterback position. He has failed to play the best quarterback at UGA year after year. How could anyone possibly keep Justin Fields, JT Daniels and Eason on the bench in favor of lesser QBs who didn't have the ability to diversify the Dawgs offense like those NFL players could? Let's hope he figures out a real plan soon and gets Beck, Brock and Gunner intothe action soon.