Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart says ‘our team needed this’ after contested 39-22 win over Kent State

SystemSystem Posts: 10,442 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart says ‘our team needed this’ after contested 39-22 win over Kent State

It was a mild version of “upset alert” for Georgia football Saturday afternoon, which didn’t seem to bother Kirby Smart too much based on his immediate televised comments.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 720 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hard to believe Bowers is a TE. Man he is fast and one tough guy. Washington was open many times today and it would be great if they looked his way a bit more

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia was the hunted today.

• Options
    SOARDAWGSOARDAWG Posts: 15 ✭ Freshman

CKS couldn't be more right if he tried about the Dawgs needing a wake-up call, not to mention knowing Kent State actually having a pretty good team as well. Personally, I never felt like the outcome of the game was ever in doubt, despite costly mistakes and the Flashes playing a good game. Still, this is a team of Dawgs that has more than enough talent to run the board this year, and they did pretty well overcoming adversity today. While I would have loved to see the Dawgs shut-out Kent State, hopefully this game reminds them what CKS has been saying from the start of the season, "This team hasn't won anything yet!", and fires the Dawgs up to finish the season proving they're ranked #1 for a reason. In fact, I believe after this game the Dawgs will be relentless towards not only outscoring teams, but also preventing teams from scoring like Kent State did today.

GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@SOARDAWG

There you go again. The very article that you responded to states that Kent State was hammered by Washington 45-20 and by Oklahoma 33-3. And they went 7-7 last year. If you have some evidence beyond "they covered the spread against UGA" that they are a pretty good team please provide it.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited September 2022

Problems today were trying to work on extending the field (needed) in the pass game and bot being successful. Defensive line and running backs looked like they had no interest. J. Johnson, Bowers and Blaylock looked like the only 3 players that were physical throughout with their opportunities. We definitely looked like a team that believed the news clippings, but I am not concerned this will be fixes. Smart will tear them a new one…as well he should.

• Options
    BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team looked more like the Dawgs BKS(Before Kirby Smart). They overlooked KST & were exposed by a team that was in no way intimidated by the hand sitting crowd or the stars hovering above the Georgia sidelines. The Dawgs need to find 3 things or November may get ****. Leadership, an identity, & someone to help Bowers carry the load on offense.

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 91 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think we all know how practice is going to go this week . I expect a few more contusions lol .