Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Hendon Hooker ignites Tennessee’s charge in SEC East, enters Heisman Trophy race

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageHendon Hooker ignites Tennessee’s charge in SEC East, enters Heisman Trophy race

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. — Hendon Hooker hoisted Tennessee football on his shoulders Saturday afternoon, lifting the Vols to a 38-33 victory over Florida.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh please???

Florida's defense sucks!!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I can just imagine VolNation writing articles about Stetson Bennett!

Mike, have the other DawgNation writers chipped in and got you some Georgia merch to wear on your videos?

‘Cause I haven’t seen it. DawgNation attire does NOT count!

Thanks for the Stetson question to the ESPN guys but that still doesn’t make up for this.

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Its gonna be a good game, if we show up ready then by the 3rd quarter the game will be over.

• Options
    DSOGDSOG Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Yeah, this article may as well have been on ESPN's site. But, it *pains* me to say it, this **** team will be Georgia's biggest hurdle to getting back to Atlanta. I've been concerned about a special, year-2 turnaround season happening with Tennessee since, well, last season, and this game only adds to it. Maybe it's good we're playing them later in the season as we've clearly got some growing to do, but the Dawgs, come November, better be ready and focused or we ain't returning to Atlanta (to say nothing of October, obviously). I so want to believe 2 of the 3 tougher teams mentioned above on their schedule will beat then before they come to Athens and their year-2 season is not so special. But if they come to Athens with just one conference loss, watch out (remember, they close their season with a cupcake row of Missouri, S. Carolina, and Vandy... none of those teams will beat a starving *and believing* Tennessee team). This isn't a Butch Jones-coached team either. Not only is that program starving, but they're also no stranger to dishing out bitter losses to UGA in Athens. I hate them so much I can taste the bile in the back of my throat. Really hoping the Dawgs (along with Alabama, LSU, or Kentucky) will put the kibosh on any "magical" vibes they may be feeling.

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

DSOG, you're going to get an ulcer stressing over a Vol team that picked up a five-point win over a mediocre Florida bunch that has two losses already. Yes, Tennessee is vastly improved and better coached, but they still don't play a lot of defense and the Dawgs D will be ready come November 5 Between The Hedges.

The bigger question is for the author. Mike, I appreciate you scouting the Vols, but I'm getting beginning to think your recent infatuation with disgraced Jeremy Pruitt and bonus coverage of the Vols may mean that you're flirting with a return to Rocky Top. Please say it ain't so. I thought someone exorcised those orange demons out of you when God smiled on you and paved the way for your move to DawgNation.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hooker had a good game, but it helps when the opposing defense repeatedly fails cover your receivers running basic routes. Florida’s lapses in the defensive secondary were mind boggling!

• Options
    EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 145 ✭✭✭ Junior

"may mean that you're flirting with a return to Rocky Top."

I can only hope, or even better, a little further north ......maybe Michigan.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say is it's about time the Dawgs had some real competition in the East. The Dawgs need to be tested and after yesterday I'd say they've got plenty of work to do to make it through November.

Hooker is a beast and their O-line mostly dominated...certainly ours didn't yesterday.