Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia a heavy-duty road favorite to beat struggling Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,479 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia a heavy-duty road favorite to beat struggling Missouri

ATHENS — Georgia held on to its street cred with Las Vegas oddsmakers as well as the No. 1 ranking, it would seem.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if Luther Burden is reconsidering his decision to play for Mizzou now instead of coming to UGA.

surely he would be doing well with AD Mitchell being out.

anyone think he transfers?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like I said on another post, the best disinfectant for our Dawgs after this past Sat. is to utterly decimate Mizzou on the road !! Let’s hope we see our Dawgs focused, all business, and executing at a near flawless level. No lolly gagging around on This game !! Just total annihilation of the rival !! In other words play like Elite Champions !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not sure if he will transfer. But I suspect that there are several, several guys that secretly ( or maybe not so) wish they’d have stayed Dawgs !! You gotta put in the killer work on Kirby’s team without any short cuts that’s the bottom line. Those who stick it out and work their butts off have an opportunity to play for a Championship Team. And in many cases a shot at the NFL even if not drafted ( which 15 were last time) as a free agent. NFL scouts watch Kirby’s teams closely !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Rat-Poison is real - I think it is - then I feel sorry for Mizzou.

These Dawgs are getting a truckload of Anti Rat-Poison this week and I think they'll be focused and ready to hunt this Saturday.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder? He doesn't look to be accomplishing much of anything at Mizzou. Is it injuries? Coaching? Georgia would've clearly been a better choice.

I can't understand the lack of top receivers coming to Georgia. Monken is clearly a great OC, QB coach and play caller.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree! I think the team learned a valuable lesson on Saturday that will be "re-emphasized" in practice throughout the week. The good part of that lesson learning experience is not having to pay for it with an "L".

I think we've seen these players sleep walking through the first half of these noon-start home games more than once. I think the Athens night life may have gotten the best of them!