Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart updates injury status of several Bulldogs entering Missouri game

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart updates injury status of several Bulldogs entering Missouri game

ATHENS — Georgia returns to SEC play this week and could be getting closer to being back towards 100 percent.

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's great to hear, Good injury News!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bullard needs to think of the team and not himself! Back in my day UGA had problem drinkers.

Need AD Mitchell...Smart did not commit. Arian Smith? Had ankle surgery...maybe ok now....?

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great time to give Tykee more playing time. A lot of upside in that young man!

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Was McConkey dinged up at all?

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 322 ✭✭✭ Junior

So no longer commenting on Arik at all?

• 97GradyDawg97GradyDawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As long as Arik is still with the team, likely not. It seems like it’s a matter of Arik showing what's needed in practice to make the field on game day. It’s not that much different from any other player who is buried in the depth chart at this point.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So the Mitchell injury, or the explanation about it, is the weirdest to me. When he was initially hurt, Smart said that he could have gone back in the same game, if necessary. He's now missed two consecutive games, may miss a third this week (he looked bad hobbling on the sideline Saturday) and now Smart says he's actually "a little behind" Arian Smith -- who had actual ankle surgery. Go figure.

And is the Bullard matter going to be handled "internally," or will he be suspended? My guess is that he will not travel or dress this Saturday (i.e. a one-game suspension), but that Smart will never publicly say anything about it (i.e. dealt with "internally"). He just won't be there against Missouri and then he'll be back for the Auburn game and we will know.

• DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

KS's injury philosophy seems to me to be the "Go Fish" philosophy......everybody with the questionable designation are used on an as need basis ....save Javon, who will not travel....but that gives Tykee & Marcus the opportunity and motivation to showcase their hard work vis-sa-vis skill......Jack-Saint is the man/WR against MO and he'll be ready.....don't forget Dom, Kearis, Mekhi, Dillon, Cole, Jackson.....et al! At WR our stable is filled with studs ready to race!