Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rebuilt Georgia football secondary back under construction after more attrition

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited September 2022 in Article commenting
imageRebuilt Georgia football secondary back under construction after more attrition

ATHENS —Kirby Smart sounded as casual as possible about likely being without two former starters at the star position after Javon Bullard’s arrest on DUI charges.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“We cross-trained all camp. So, you know, we got all kinds of guys that can play the position as well.” I still believe Smart is "smarting": from the loss of Bullard. T Smith will have to step up.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Need for Lassiter to develop a little faster and get more physical. In rewatching the past few games he has been beat often and struggles getting off blocks. As a whole Ringo has up’d his game to (at least currently) be close to a lock down corner. Starks is beyond his years and what I like is when he does make a mistake it is at least fast, but he really has been a pleasant surprise. I would like to see what Tykee has in him. A lot of hype that we really haven’t had the opportunity to see yet. Fortunately, this schedule has played into our hands for growth and development in f these guys.

• Options
    ugadeerugadeer Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

He probably made it sound casual bc from what ive heard the charges are absolutely ridiculous.....the kid wasn't drunk , or buzzed or doing anything worthy of a suspension. He was casual bc he's probably not going to miss a game, he'll run some gassers but these charges are all minor. If it was one of my sons , I'd make him pay for the attorneys fees to have most of it thrown out . He blew a .02, u can do that after using mouthwash.

• Options
    ugadeerugadeer Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Amendment to earlier comment, its come to my attention he blew a .143 and that ain't .02, he'll be missing some games and good for the cops getting him off the street that impaired. With uber/lyft i have no idea why these kids drive after having 7-20 beers

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

what was poole thinking? he could be helping his teammates big time right now

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

I mean good thing we recruited all these highly touted guys this past cycle to step in. Not worried at all!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 354 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm with you. I was one of the many who wished the guy well (his "retirement" note was really well-done, IMHO) when he announced his decision to step back, but even then I was still asking myself "what...?" Part of being a great teammate is being there when the chips are down. He DOES strike me as a fine young man overall, though... wonder if there's a chance he'd be willing to return? This is a different kind of recruiting, but I sense Kirby is good at all kinds of recruiting :)

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments. Kirby got Amerius Mims to drop out of the portal and come back. There have been others he did the same. For that matter look at Stets, he left and came back. Maybe W. Poole will see he needs to come back to. Let’s hope so. It IS his life, and people have to do what they think is best for their own lives. So I fully support his decision. BUT I don’t get Why he left at all. But I’m sure there are things in his private life that are personal to him, so he doesn’t owe me any explanation beyond what he’s already given. Even though he’s older than his teammates he’s Still a very young man. Shucks I changed my mind like the weather in my young days Lol !!