Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

SystemSystem Posts: 10,516 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
Undefined discussion subject.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    dazzledawgdazzledawg Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not sold on Michigan and USC.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Alabama has been tested by aTm, Arkansas, and Texas, and has survived them all, but they don't look like a number one team to me.

Georgia doesn't either.

Don't get me wrong. I don't want to be number one until the season's over and the trophies are in the cases. I recognize the team which wins all the marbles doesn't have to look good; they just have to manage an ügly win week after week.

Question. How's Tennessee's defense? Particularly how's the potential for their defense? Have they reached their ceiling?

My ongoing and forever hypothesis is defense wins championships. Our defense isn't where we want it just yet, but it's not near its ceiling either. I believe we have the talent, so things can be fixed, and experience will help a lot.

An interesting season so far.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dawgs #2...I'm good.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see Bama is getting that poll love again. They nearly got beaten, at home, by an unranked 3-2 Texas A&M team. They should've dropped a few spots, like most any other team would've. They may very well be the best team in the country, but they certainly didn't look the part yesterday. I know these polls may not mean much right now, but if we're going to have them, they need to be fair to all the teams.

My top 5 after yesterday's showing.

1. Georgia
    2. Ohio State
    3. Michigan
    4. Clemson
    5. Alabama

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Keep in mind AL played their 2nd string QB yesterday. His 1st start. Because of his 3 turnovers it was a close game. Is he AL's new starting QB? Will BYoung be back? Obviously the other coaches think BYoung is coming back.

I think BYoung will be back. But when? Saban in a tough spot this week. A sprained shoulder on someone expecting to throw 40-50 passes is a problem. AL needs BYoung to play this week but BYoung can't be pain free throwing the ball yet. I think he plays some and AL runs the ball more than usual. Statement game for AL defense.

A loss by AL to TN doesn't mean much to deciding the SECW. BUT a loss to TN probably forces AL to win out and win the SEC to make the playoffs.