Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Rian Davis wanted to walk away from Georgia football; Kirby Smart is very proud he didn’t

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageRian Davis wanted to walk away from Georgia football; Kirby Smart is very proud he didn’t

ATHENS — Rian Davis didn’t believe it at first. He sort of knew on Monday of last week he’d be starting for Georgia against Auburn, a first in his four-year Georgia career.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great job Rian . You have reason to be proud !

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 401 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Played very well. Hopefully, there's more to come.

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great interview! I enjoyed that as much as I used to enjoy Channing Tindall's interviews! Congrats to Trouble! 🤣

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rian Davis is wise to seek the council of his coaches in this matter, as was Amarius Mims in a similar situation. These coaches have been where they are now, and Kirby Smart has demonstrated that he makes their personal well being a top priority in his football program. So many players have hit the portal over the last couple of years that would probably have seen significant playing time this year, not to mention forfeiting the developmental advantage of being at UGA. I hope more players exercise their "right to council" before making such a big decision. It could have made a difference for so many DB's and WR's who seem to hit the portal more often than players in other position groups, not to mention players who have entered the draft early (too early) like Nauta, Holyfield, and Fromm to name a few.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great story! I didn't realize Davis has been here that long. I love these stories about actual adversity and the perseverance to overcome it.

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great perseverance and strength for this young man. Love how they recognize the nature of life and that one can either work through adversity or let it whip us. Can’t wait to see what else he does on the field and in life - off to a great start.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Play football. Have fun. Get a degree/education. Walk away with a ring. What's better than that? Follow the system and your time comes. That's why I don't get AGilbert.

RDavis and Sorey should start again this week. If possible let Mondon and Marshall take the week off to be fully healthy for FU.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

That is a sign of good character and a team player. Understanding your personal situation that led to mental struggles, but able to stay around the program in a positive manner. Being able to get your opportunity and deliver. Great job RD!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good for Rian D! I know it's been tough on him with all the injuries.