Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

National media shares its thoughts on Georgia football at the midpoint of 2022 season

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageNational media shares its thoughts on Georgia football at the midpoint of 2022 season

ATHENS — Kirby Smart doesn’t care all that much about national title odds or favorites to this point. He spends very little time worrying about them, instead focusing on this week’s opponent, the Vanderbilt Commodores.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nothing new here. I would caveat...Ole Miss took Vandy lightly in first half and were found trailing at the half...but, made adjustments and came back strong with a more than solid win over the defenseless Commodores. Vandy has a good QB, fair OL, but horrible passing defense. Stetson should be able to boost his stats accordingly. The RBs should also have a field day.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@UGA66 "horrible passing defense" .  So, no reason to come out flat with our passing attack again, if I hear you correctly. I hope you're right!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

As usual, I don't pretend to be an expert, but I've noticed some distance between receivers' hands and the ball in the last three games. I SB4 less accurate? Are the receivers (and TEs, RBs) less sticky fingered? SB4 hurting? Pass catcher corp depleted?

• Options
    truthtellertruthteller Posts: 226 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

Time for Stetson to come out and hit the 'Dores hard! Be precise with the passing game - don't make your receivers stretch to make catches, that puts them in harm's way. Hit the numbers 4! Earn that "million" dollars you are supposedly making. If you can't do it against the worst team in the SEC, then what?? We saw what you did against the second worst team in the SEC (Missouri) and that was horrible. Wake up Stet! You wanted to be the man? Then, BE the MAN! No passing TDs in how many games now??? Cue the "vote down" people in 3, 2, 1....

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I understand we have been mediocre at best in the first halves against Missouri and Auburn, but I seriously doubt any team has been better than our Dawgs in the second halves. We had 300 yards offense against Missouri and totally lit-up Auburn in the 2nd half. Also, not only was our offense totally dominant, but the defense decimated both opponents in the 3rd and 4th quarters. I’d love to see the offense and defense stats from those 2 games broken out by quarter. Go Dawgs!!!

• Options

To be a Heisman winner you have to be the stick that stirs the drink. SB hasn't been that in a few games. His passing has gotten better later in games as the field position and the running game improved. Bennet only reacted when that happened. He needs to be the DAWG that wags the tail instead of the other way around.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 250 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Slight correction...our defense decimated Aubarn ALL Game!!! Great to see a 6 qtr stretch with the defense beginning to gel.

Good points @BubbaBill

• Options

The defense was good against Auburn but they were playing their 3rd string QB who took practically no reps in the Fall/Summer practice with the 1st string. Think calling a defense good that shut down Brock Vandergriff if he had to come in and play.