Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football Live Blog: Leaders and captains ready to be heard

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football Live Blog: Leaders and captains ready to be heard

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has built Georgia into a No. 1-ranked program with his leadership, but the head coach points out it’s important that trickles down.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Interesting...Stetson Bennett...probable. The shoulder injury must be bad enough to list him on the injury roster...yet he will likely start it seems. Twelve on the injury list. Mitchell, Carter, Chambliss...should remain held out until Florida. Just my opinion.

• Options

Interesting...Stetson Bennett...probable. The shoulder injury must be bad enough to list him on the injury roster...yet he will likely start it seems. Twelve on the injury list. Mitchell, Carter, Chambliss...should remain held out until Florida. Just my opinion.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    ChiefChief Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options

I'm watching Ole Miss and Auburn . The SEC CHANNEL has a ridiculous split screen instead of full, for regular game play. It defeats the purpose for having a big screen! Hope they don't do it for the Georgia game. We're watching it on ESPN .

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go to ESPN regular for the regular game cast. They are running the command center format on the SEC channel for that game.

• Options

Thanks, I'll that.

• Options

McIntosh looking like the thigh bruise is much better. Moving great with cuts and power. Good drive. Go DAWGS

• Options

O line missing blocks on running plays that are limited yards. Bennett has plenty of time to stand in the pocket but the surge is just not happening right now.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

3rd and 8 and throw a 5 yard pass, on a comeback. That makes the receiver have to go 8 yards. But of course, a punt instead. If I was another teams defensive coordinator, I just wouldn't be scared of down field throwing.

• Options

Bowers catch’s everything thrown to him. Tough catch there and he makes it look easy. Great drive DAWGS

• Options

A crazy risky pass by Bennett turned out good but that is a pick waiting to happen against a better defense.

• Options

Man, I hate to sound like a broken record but the O line just isn’t run blocking well at all. There seems to be a free defender getting through and making contact with the RB as soon as they get the ball. Backs are making much of their yards with YAC and that just won’t hold against some of the remainder of the teams on the schedule.

• Options

Washington catch’s a very tough pass and rumbles on. Man, he is solid.

• Options

I hope this a pure basis defense they are playing. Because this defense will not hold up against UT. UT is absolutely just smoking bama's defense. Who I even thought would have some success against that offense.

• Options

I tell you Tenn, is rolling! Dawgs must tighten up line or it will be a long day for Dawgs against TN. Stetson must still be hurting. We need full strength on the field after bye week.

• Options

Absolutely love to see Dom Blaylock get a TD. Great catch and run and hopefully he will be more productive as the season goes on.

• Options

I have to admit, I’m more surprised about how UT is holding up on defense today. I figured Bama would run like crazy against them and UT is holding their own.

• Options
    edited October 2022

I have seen some, bama's wr went across the middle and straight dropped the ball. Could of lead to a drive. Instead punted from the end zone. UT has only ran like 24 plays, but 28 points. They are loading the box to stop the run.

On this game, kirby calls timeout and then plays prevent and gives up a first down. SMH. This is vandys second straight drive that has moved the ball.

• Options

Tenn. is holding their own alright...28 to 10 over Bama. Bama defense needs some work.