Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Arik Gilbert breaks through for Georgia, first catch and touchdown for the Bulldogs

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageArik Gilbert breaks through for Georgia, first catch and touchdown for the Bulldogs

ATHENS — Arik Gilbert’s first catch and touchdown reception as a Georgia Bulldog checked off the final “feel good win” boxes on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seeing Gilbert involved was a sight for sore eyes. They will need his skills for the gauntlet waiting in November so i really hope he is back and good to go. Great seeing him, Jackson more involved, Blaylock in the end zone and Washington continuing to do great stuff.

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

“Smart has prioritized Gilbert’s personal development over his football development this season, bringing him along slowly in that sense.”

@MikeGriffith

This is why I think AG should be in no hurry to go into the NFL draft, regardless of his projected draft status. Bringing him along slowly seems to be the correct plan, and based on todays results, he’s making progress. One or even two more years in the UGA program under the watchful eye of Coach Smart could be the key to a long and successful career in the NFL. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good comments from my fellow Dawgs fans here !! Yes it Was great to see Arik do well today !! If he can get things together he could be yet another real weapon for the Dawgs !! And as already commented increase his draft stock as well. And Yes I agree it would be a Good thing for him to come back to UGA again next year. Play as much Good football as he can this year and next would just give the NFL more tape and increase his stock all the more, again based on him playing Good football. Young man IS a great athlete, now maybe he can put everything together and really take off !! Hope so for Him and the Dawgs !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I hope that this is a breakthrough for Gilbert. I hope to see him becoming a man who is happy in his skin.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That was so AWESOME! And to the ones posting on here recently their so tired of this and/or just be done with Gilbert, etc, you can kiss...

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's a toss-up, no pun intended,......My favorite play of the game....Darnell's one handed catch with coverage or Arik's snag for a TD with coverage.....I'm going with the latter, as I'm thinking Arik has arrived!!!