Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia a historically big favorite to ‘break’ struggling Florida football program

SystemSystem Posts: 10,521 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia a historically big favorite to ‘break’ struggling Florida football program

ATHENS — Kirby Smart has built Georgia football into SEC dominators, to the extent the Bulldogs are more than a three-touchdown favorite over Florida in what was once considered one of the top rivalries in college football.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    brinkmanmsbrinkmanms Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ Junior

So was that TD catch by George Pickens just now!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the Dawgs come to play...no problem...FL is not a threat. I believe they will dispatch this bunch and move on.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Go Kentucky... We definitely need a solid win against Florida. We need to show that we're prepared to "take care of business" here in the critically important last half of the season. This is where our entire season is either made or lost.

• Options
    zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Leave it to Griffith to provide the gators with bulletin board material. For a guy who covers the Dawgs, you sure don't like them, do you?

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This is my hope for our beloved Dawgs. Take one game at a time Don’t Look Ahead. Play as hard and as efficient as they possibly can From The Start. Get the W which is the most important stat of all when it’s all said and done. Gain confidence ( Not arrogance) from any and all good plays they accomplish. And Learn from any mistakes they make, especially not to make the Same mistake again. Lastly regardless of Who or Where they are playing leave their Very Best on the field of play. As a fan I don’t think there’s anything more I could ask from the Coaches and Players. I Would ask that All Dawgs fans that travel to and attend these games Cheer our Dawgs on as loud and proud as you possibly can !! You DO matter !! A loud crowd Can and many times Does affect the rival QB !! I hope our beloved Dawgs can reach the highest goals possible. But Win or Lose I Love them and I’m proud of them !! It’s Great to be a Dawgs fan !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

yes, let's break them!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Florida defensive end Brenton Cox, a transfer from Georgia, made it clear the Gators have had this game circled on their calendar."

I believe every team on the UGA schedule has it circled as the one they want to win the most. For the Dawgs, it's the most important game because it's the next one. The same will be said for Tennessee, then Miss. State, Kentucky, and so on. It would be awesome to not only go down to Jacksonville and put the Gators away with an impressive lopsided victory, but to also gain 2 or more of our key players back from the injured list going into the following week to play Tennessee! Being closer to full roster availability would really make a difference in the month of November, and then hopefully the first Saturday in December.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only way we lose to Florida is by looking ahead to Tennessee. Focus, focus, focus on the game at hand.

Kirby will have the boys ready...GO DAWGS!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure where that huge point spread is coming from. Tenn beat them by 5? THeybeat Utah by 3 and lost to KY by 10 and LSU by 10. What am I missing?

• Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

22 points is the average of Georgia wins over Florida as of late. GO DAWGS!

• Options

That's not how you base a point spread. Not By what a team did to another team last year or the year before. If that's the case we're going to be a 30+ point favorite against Tennessee! LOL!

• Options

Truth hurts sometimes.