Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Undefined discussion subject.

2»

Comments

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

? - pithy enough?

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only one Bo could spout words like that and back it up, it ain't Bo Nix. Nix is an athlete, I give him that. But he folds under pressure and that doesn't exist in the pac-12. Will we see them again in the playoff? Maybe. Just to make sure this time, there isn't a measley 3 on the board. But let Bo say what he will, 0-4 against a team, is still 0-4. There's no asterisks, it's just cold hard facts. I wish Lanning luck and hope we see him again in the future. To Bo, win the rest of your games, convincingly and maybe we'll see you again to put the final loss on your resume.👍

• Options
    BrooksieBrooksie Posts: 519 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Coach Smart has said phrases like this all the time. “I’m just not concerned with other teams”. I get the impression that as a high level coach he doesn’t get to truly enjoy college football as a fan like most of us do. He is so focused on the dawgs and the next opponent that being a fan of the sport in its entirety is very different for him. Not sure about y’all but I enjoyed watching Tenn beat bama, not to mention App St Hail Mary. and I’m looking forward to seeing if Penn St can take down Ohio St. I guess I’m just a resident of Fansville.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Right Bo, like you always have done in the past?! LMAO!! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd love to play those Ducks again, and I think the game would be a closer contest...but Dawgs still win. In fact, bring on any PAC-12 team this season and Dawgs win. But glad to see the Ducks making our blowout of Nix and company look better!!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess if you win a few of those PAC12 pillow fights you’re ready for anybody! I would be happy to see Oregon as part of the four team bracket across from the Dawgs in January.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    UGA64UGA64 Posts: 126 ✭✭✭ Junior

He could play the Dawgs again and again. He doesn't have what takes to beat the Dawgs!

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2022

As for Bo, some NFL team is going to draft him. Hopefully the Saints or Panthers.

Folks, the only way that Oregon makes the playoff is if there is literally no other 1 loss P5 team for the #4 spot. When you consider that there may be 4 teams with 1 loss or fewer from among UGA, Tennessee, Alabama, Michigan and Ohio State alone - and we haven't even gotten to TCU, Oklahoma State, Clemson, Syracuse and UNC - that isn't happening this year.

We don't even know if Oregon is going to beat Utah, and Utah beat the Ducks twice last year.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

I think they could have a shot at a rematch if they win out as they've done since UGA, and there's another, especially ACC or Big 12, 1-loss champ to go with SEC champ-UGA and B1G champ-OSU/Mich.

• Options
    georgiajeepn2019georgiajeepn2019 Posts: 335 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We all know that old saying be careful what you wish for! In this case I hope Bo gets his wish in the national championship game.

• Options
    brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 335 ✭✭✭ Junior

You face some weak defenses (and overall teams) and just completely forget about the 4 times that you’ve gotten your teeth kicked in?!? 😂

• Options
    HenddawgHenddawg Posts: 731 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You know the old saying - better to say nothing and let people think you a f o o l than to speak and remove all doubt. Bless his heart.