Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia dealt closest point spread of its season in No. 1 vs. No. 2 battle with Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia dealt closest point spread of its season in No. 1 vs. No. 2 battle with Tennessee

ATLANTA — Georgia opened as a 9-point favorite over Tennessee in college football’s first No. 1 vs. No. 2 matchup of the 2022 season.

Read the full story here

Comments

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

It will go down during the week…I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s like 2.5 to 3 point spread

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

No way that stays at 9 points...that's crazy.

Still have the Vols at #1, Ohio State #2, Dawgs #3, Michigan #4 when the CFP rankings comes out on Tuesday. Tennessee has the best resume of the group and is playing the best overall.

• Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2022

I guess we will have to endure a week of MG’s fawning over Tennessee and ongoing critique of SB…..It will all come crashing down Saturday in a wave of reality that the Dawgs are simply a better overall team than the Volunteers. MG and Smokey can be each other’s emotional support animal/human after the beat down in a raucous Sanford Stadium.

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Clemson is a better team than Michigan according to my eye-ball test. Bama and Ole Miss are better than Clemson. After OSU gives UM a loss, they will drop and be out of the playoff.

I am actually hoping UGA is ranked #3 on Tuesday. Every bit of motivation matters.

And, MG, don't worry about the peanut gallery.

• TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tennessee is a good team and that's not fawning. They're beatable no doubt. However, we can't play the game we played against Kent State, We won't have the opportunity at the end like we had to beat Missouri and it sure won't end well if we play like we did in the 3rd quarter against Florida. We will have to play our best in all phases of the game and we have to play clean. We absolutely cannot extend drives for them. Go Dawgs!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

CFP playoff poll only one that could mean something. They decide who is in...ultimately. Lots of hype, predicting, and bloviating about UGA and Vols. The game will decide it. UGA will likely end up a fractional favorite. If they win...UGA will secure the SEC East....IMO. Lose and who knows what the pollsters will do...probably like Bama 5 or 6 and TN will secure the East,...IMO. Depends on the score. I did not realize at the outset of season that TN would be this formidable. However, am convinced a running-on-all-cylinders UGA strike force will carry the day...secure the East and SEC and natty down the road. Seriously.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Online news article out of Knoxville Sentinel asks: WIll Kirby Smart be next on coach Heupel's outcoached list?