Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs handle Florida, ready for Tennessee

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs handle Florida, ready for Tennessee

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    SnakeScott13SnakeScott13 Posts: 89 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great win but now the road to repeat starts this weekend . The Dawgs are banged up but what team isn’t this time of year . The one weak link we have has to show up and play Saturday . How can you be that inconsistent this late in the season ? Some plays against Florida looked like spring practice. Athens will be full of orange but they can only sit with their band or in the 600 section if we don’t sell them our tickets . Let’s don’t have orange in our red . Shake the stadium and make Kirby and Vincent proud . Show the nation that the Dynasty has begun. Go Dawgs !!!!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One of my favorite times watching TV as a kid was watching the Vince Dooley Show on Sundays where he and an interviewer recapped Satuday's game and showed the highlights. Vince was always entertaining and could make watching that kind of normally boring show"must see TV!"

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loser - Bennett. He definitely did not have a great game. He got extremely lucky as there were a number of poor choices that could've/should've resulted in more interceptions. Heck, that big TD pass to Bowers was literally behind both his and the Florida's receiver.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2022

Everything said about Coach Dooley brings tears to my eyes. What a great guy!

Everyone is aware of the task at hand this week. Clearly we need to play a four quarter game. Perhaps our terrible third quarter in Jacksonville will be the springboard to success in that department.

I might argue that Brenton Cox was the best player on our team in Jacksonville.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Loser (updated); Brenton Cox, dismissed from the Gators today by their head coach. Who was the last player let go from not one, but two SEC teams in their career? Will Cox try for a third?

And I like Stetson Bennett, but I don't like his responses when he's questioned about his or the team's mistakes. He comes across like they're no big deal because he came back later and did something good. As Connor wrote in the article, it would be like making a mountain out of a molehill if not for the fact that Tennessee looms and against them, Bennett may not be able to get away with mistakes like the ones he (and some others) made on Saturday. I like Bennett's confidence, but I want him to show just a little more urgency. Go Dawgs!