Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football-Mississippi State game time, TV channel announced for Week 11 contest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited October 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football-Mississippi State game time, TV channel announced for Week 11 contest

Georgia is very focused on its current matchup against Tennessee, the Bulldogs did learn the game time and TV channel for their Week 11 game against Mississippi State.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Beating a dead horse (and Kirby says he doesn't care) but ...

MSU opened the season at home vs. Memphis: 7:30 EST start. They are home this week v Auburn (7:30 pm EST start); then home v UGA (7 pm EST start) and after Senior Day at home v. Eastern Tennessee (TBA start) is home v Ole Miss (7 pm start).

By my math, that's 4 home games at night this year for MSU.

And we can't get one home game at night. Not even for Tennessee. CBS scheduling sucks almost as much as Gary Danielson's color commentary.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I almost did t read the article because I had a feeling msu would get us as the night game after seeing us at 3:30 with Tenn.

smh

• Options
    My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 380 ✭✭✭ Junior

There we go, all the Georgia fans saying we aren’t getting a night game this year, here is our night game!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Miss. State who? I am totally riveted on Tennessee,

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was just a few scant years ago that UGA officials didn't want home night games because it meant that fans from South Georgia (many of whom were inebriated) would be driving home late at night. They preferred the 3:30 games because THAT is considered the SEC's showcase game, but complained that the only time we got one was when we played Florida. Now, fans are obsessed with getting home night games (an obsession that I don't understand since Kirby and the players prefer the 3:30 spot) and somehow think there's a grand conspiracy (of course) to make us play the majority of our games during the day. If MSU was really good, they would get 3:30 games, too. Because they are in the Central Time Zone, the SEC would prefer none of its teams have 11 a.m. kickoffs (Noon Eastern), so they try to do that as infrequently as possible. I know fans don't believe this, but scheduling day games for Georgia is a compliment. The feeling is UGA can draw viewers away from viewers of the Big 10 or Big 12, which often have their marquee matchups during the day.