Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart confident in Georgia football secondary: ‘I’m looking forward to the opportunity’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,616 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart confident in Georgia football secondary: ‘I’m looking forward to the opportunity’

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

TO CONNOR: Please read your articles or have someone else proofread. We DID NOT beat Jacksonville. And Tennessee and Alabama DID NOT play in Tuscaloosa.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Smith is a leader. Let's hope he can handle the tempo and get the guys in position and focused on every play. We got this!!

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 447 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The safeties have to play with a tremendous amount of discipline when the tempo gets fast. The Tennessee offense will watch to see if they start creeping up, and if they do, they’ll snap it quickly to catch the safeties out of position. That’s when that speedy receiver gets behind them and then it’s usually to late to recover. I’m sure Kirby and company have it figured out far better than me, but we’ve got a great secondary and they will be fine if they just play with discipline. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I actually did pay a lot of attention to Ringo down in Jacksonville. Kirby is correct, he got beat on that one big play, but the vast majority of the time, he was right where he was supposed to be. Even on the play where he got beat deep, he was with the receiver most of the way and kind of lost him at the very end. If he can maintain that consistency against UT, and Lassiter can do his part, the Dawgs might have a chance. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tennessee torched a talented Alabama defense to the tune of 52 points, the most ever given up by a Nick Saban defense in Tuscaloosa.

Seriously!

“They go so fast,” Smith said after Georgia beat Jacksonville. 

Mistakes of this sort make readers wonder if all the content should be fact checked. I write a lot in my work and also in my hobbies, and I make a ton of mistakes. Most are easily caught by quickly proofreading what I've written but some slip bye.

On the other hand, I'm not being paid to write.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    KBPKBP Posts: 381 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pass rush, pass rush, pass rush. Ask Patrick Mahomes against Tampa in the Super Bowl or ask Bryce Young in the National Championship Game.