Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Live Updates: Georgia-Tennessee showdown, Kirby Smart’s pregame thoughts on officiating

123457»

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bud, nothing personal, I just most strongly disagree with every word of your original post. If a team that has been top three the entire year is “disrespected”, I contend it is because Kirby put 15 players in the NFL with five first rounders. That, my friend, is historical so there is no precedent in evaluating this years team.

By any legitimate metric, this is a rebuilding year for the Dawgs. Yet, we just beat the CFPC number one team and made that “flashy” offense look less than mediocre!

No apology needed when the Dawgs make the playoffs and Kirby runs out the clock in the fourth quarter before hoisting the back-to-back NC trophy.

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are both reading into what I wrote, without actually reading it. Never said perfection. I wasn't looking for an apology if they lose. Those were some of my words, but there were more after them. I wanted kirby to make the light show happen, when UT was running 8 men in the box, a pass outside was very easy to do. If not to score (which to me would of been a bad idea), but to keep the UT offense off the field. They did run 75 plays after all. And UGA could of made that less without taking risks. My other point was that why would anybody want to leave a playoff appearance to the hands of people that seem like they know nothing about football. I said if they lose, it could cost them a shot at the playoffs, and everyone would be crying about it. You leave no doubt and don't put your fate in someone else's hands. Why do you think they put UT first? It was because of the offense, that's it. I know UGA has a good offense and way better than people think. But I bet, you two were 2 of the people that thought UGA got robbed for not being on the playoffs in 2018 and 2019. And they shouldn't have been in. 2 losses is a problem. But with a team that couldn't score. I know sometimes I write faster then I think, but I usually have the comments in the statement. Just hidden sometimes. And I never said people were bashing me, I said I WASNT BASHING. And yes, it was a strong win by a team that should be rebuilding, but UGA doesn't rebuild anymore, they just reload. I've waited so many years to say that.