Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kentucky’s Mark Stoops had some eye-opening comments after 16-6 loss to Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageKentucky’s Mark Stoops had some eye-opening comments after 16-6 loss to Georgia

Mark Stoops knew his Kentucky football team gave it everything they had against No. 1 Georgia on Saturday.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You brag on the team your team played well. It builds your program up. All Stoops was doing perhaps.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

What we are seeing in the making is - the rise of a new dynasty. Thanks, Coach Smart!!! REPEAT!!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Holding Georgia to just 16 points and shutting down Stetson Bennett and the Bulldogs elite tight ends was no easy feat."

Sometimes UGA shuts themselves down. I am thinking about the repeated dive plays into the KY DL that continued to get stuffed. (like MS St? like MS?) Try another page of the playbook Mr. Monken? And I don't mean a 180 lb QB sneak into the KY DL on 4th and 1.

As for KY shutting down the UGA TE's. Remember when DWash was running wide open down the sideline early in the game and the pass sailed over his head? I don't expect any player to be perfect but missing wide open guys is a head scratcher. UGA never came back to that play or seemed interested in involving the TE's much at all.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You're absolutely right. IMO

I said before the season, that the Dawgs would be virtually unstoppable, with all the weapons they have and the offense to utilize em. The only thing that can stop UGA this year,...is UGA.

Kirby and Monkin have been playing with the offensive levers, trying to moderate their success, in the eyes of the media and fans, since the Oregon game. It allowed them to build a powerhouse of depth and talent, going into the post-season.

Smart and Bennett haven't looked nervous or concerned, all year. Maybe a little aggravated, Lol...but, not concerned. Even when they were down in the 4th qtr, to Mizzou. Smart, Monkin and Bennett, know their "hole cards" will beat anything the opposition can throw at them, and they'll pull em out, if and when they need em.. Meanwhile, their running game has improved dramatically.

And, Pollack and Stinchcolm can't see it? Or, don't want to say it. One or the other.

I'm a little surprised that people, that should see what I see,...don't. Like BAMA being average this year and Texas A&M's 2022 demise. How could the likes of Paul Finebaum and 99% of "Football media" be fooled that hard? Are they not doing their homework, and relying strictly on the recent "history" of the CFP in their evaluations analysis? I don't know...just curious.