Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia basketball defense locks down, beats Saint Joseph’s 66-53 in ‘Sunshine Slam’ tournament

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia basketball defense locks down, beats Saint Joseph’s 66-53 in ‘Sunshine Slam’ tournament

ATHENS – An incredible first half was enough to cover a forgettable second half as Georgia beat Saint Joseph’s in its first “Sunshine Slam” tournament game.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Awesome!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I am liking what I am seeing. Impressed by the start of his tenure at UGA. Here is to minimal injuries this season. I look forward to seeing how this season plays out. UGA hasn't played just a bunch of cupcakes so far and that is why I am impressed.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like the start of the Dawgs basketball team. Keep it up! Defend the hardwood like the football team defends the grass. Let's go Dawgs!

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. Feels like a coach with a contemporary attitude is just what the Hoop Dawgs needed. He is a well known recruiter, has an excellent resume and the basketball future at UGA looks genuine. Here is hoping the improvements continue.

• Options
    jrmdvm1jrmdvm1 Posts: 131 ✭✭✭ Junior

Watching the game, what I enjoyed most was the obvious effort given by the entire team. If anyone was "taking off" plays, it didn't show. Yes there were mistakes, but they did not seem to be because of lack of effort. I like that mentality when I see it ( which is something we all love from the football team ). To the players who transferred in: You may be responsible for "turning around" UGA basketball by your helping Coach White to show recruits what they can become if they come to UGA. I thank you, and hope that what you do at UGA makes it possible to improve your future, whether that includes the NBA or not. GO DAWGS!