Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson gets honest with his recent play: ‘I been playing okay’

SystemSystem Posts: 10,460 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia linebacker Jamon Dumas-Johnson gets honest with his recent play: ‘I been playing okay’

ATHENS — Jamon Dumas-Johnson is his own toughest critic. The Georgia defensive leader helps hold everyone on the defense accountable, and he is no exception.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That’s what I Love about these Dawgs !! They Love one another !! Like Brothers !! Always critical of Self but quick to praise their fellow teammates !! I haven’t seen Any selfish attitudes with this team. That’s one of the very important factors that make them a Great team !! No matter what the rest of their future might be, good, bad, or in between I’m Super Proud of these Dawgs !! P.S. Remember before the season started many of the “experts” said they were a Rebuilding team and would drop At Least one game, maybe two, possibly even as bad as three ?? One more regular season game to go and with a W they will show they are a Reloaded not Rebuilding team !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Oh and though I have respect for what LSU has accomplished, I Believe these Dawgs want to put the bite on them in the worse way !! Get some payback for Burrows and company debacle. And I Believe they Will get that revenge !!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I LOVE this kid's honesty. It's more than just being accountable and responsible, which some people do in a fake sort of way. But he's literally calling himself out and saying that his poor practice habits are playing out in the games. We, as fans, often see these slow starts by the entire team with our own eyes, but then we get all the "coach-speak" and "double-talk" afterward that sort of downplays it, the old, "be happy, we won so it doesn't make any difference" attitude. But here's a strong player, who is not afraid to say, in essence, "I'm not playing my best in practice or games and even though we're winning, that's just not good enough." In reality, that's what playing to a standard is all about. Thank you, JDJ, and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just the right man to fill the void left by Nakobe!

• Options
    KudzuKudzu Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Oh, my Lord, do I admire the heck out of this guy! I've worked pretty hard most of my life, but I can't imagine having this kind of intensity, self-awareness, leadership, and maturity in my college years (or even my 20s or 30s)... what an amazing young man.

While the Dawgs are fortunate to have a world-class player like this on the team, I think it points to another really valuable thing talked about too little in the days of NIL, portal, etc.: the impact that a CKS "life degree" has on high-character, high-talent young men who choose to accept a UGA offer.

I hope a long list of potential future Dawgs give that serious consideration as they make their decisions!