Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia Tech’s Brent Key understands physicality needed to compete with Georgia

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited November 2022 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia Tech’s Brent Key understands physicality needed to compete with Georgia

ATLANTA — Brent Key didn’t mince words when he took charge of a struggling Georgia Tech football program after the team got off to a 1-3 start.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2022

Wow, I really like this guy.....great article, Mike G.!

Has a certain respect and appreciation for the UGA v. Tech game..... unlike Fish Fry, which is refreshing.....

Understands that physicality and not just scheme is required to play with the big boys....unlike Fish Fry, which is unbelievable.....

Might just bring back the "Hate" in the "Old fashioned Hate" game...!!

Actually wouldn't mind that at all.....as long as we continue to dominate, of course!

Go Dawgs! Why wait?.....Hate Tech early!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pretty good article, Mike. Right now, they still do not have the physicality to beat the Big Dawgs. This, however is Key's key (pun certainly intended...lol) to beating the rival Dawgs. I do like Key as a coach and expect him to be promoted to the role permanently. He has won some respectable games...NC for certain and Pitt. However, beating UGA is on another level. I do not expect that to happen. UGA has too much talent and depth....plus has been proven to be quite physical. UGA's OL is far better than NC's. Defense as well. Bees have not met anyone like Jalen Carter...no contest. I am not sure about a 33 pt spread but it will be up there. DAWGS on top!!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m confident our Dawgs will win and by a solid margin. BUT this game concerns me regarding injuries. I Know, I Know injuries are all part of football. I just don’t want our Dawgs to get all dinged up and bruised up in the process of beating GT when their not going anywhere This year. But I expect them to be as physical as they possibly can be and play our Dawgs as hard or harder than any team they’ve played. NO I’m not scared of Tech., just don’t want ANY injuries in this last game of the season. I sure Hope our Starting Dawgs can go in get the score up as high as possible as fast as possible and Kirby start plugging in backups. IF our Dawgs can do that and backups can get in Really early I would advise my fellow Dawgs fans not to be overly concerned if GT puts up some points on our second and third string guys as they probably will. Getting the Win with NO injuries should be the highest hope. A team like GT can be very, very dangerous as they can Afford to play with wild abandon. I hope Coach Key won’t allow his players to take any cheap shots at our guys, a 15 yard penalty and/or even ejecting one of his guys will do little good for our Dawgs if they cheap shot and hurt one or two of our best players !! Put Em away fast and Put Em away hard, get the W and move on to preparing for LSU !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

He sounds like the right coach for any program trying to undergo a fundamental reformation.

The recipe is published, but not everyone can follow it nor is everyone willing to do the work.

Go, Dawgs!