Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

NFL expert: Stetson Bennett ‘worth a shot,’ draws comparison to Buffalo Bills’ quarterback

2»

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blah, Blah, Blah. Hello Mr. Flip Flop !! You bashed on Stetson until just recently where YOU said that out of the Four that went to NYC Stetson was The One that deserved the Heisman. Maybe not precisely your words but pretty dawg gone close. Want me to go back and copy & paste ?? NOW you talk about he CANT even throw a spiral past 25 yds. and you launch into a lengthy diatribe of why he wouldn’t make it in the NFL. As for ME, All I Said was I Believe that some NFL Team should Give Him A Shot. Let him practice with the team and See what he Might be able to accomplish over time. I Never said, Any Where that they should draft him in the first round and make him the franchise starter. BUT and the TRUTH is No one Knows what he Might be able to do Good, Bad, or In Between. I can Speculate with the best of them. And I can also throw out my opinion with the best of them. And I Could but I sure Won’t bring up a bunch of Other People from the past and Try to use them as speculation tools. BUT there’s a Fatal Flaw in that way of speculating, you see Stetson Bennett Ain’t Those People. Stetson Bennett is Stetson Bennett and he has time after time after time made people totally Wrong that said he CANT do something. 27-3 Yeah, Yeah we can go into all the He Had Help. Well ALL QBs have to have help !! One right off the bat that comes to mind that ( with All due respect to him, sincerely) is Bryce Young. When he lost his two Primary Receivers, Bama fans and even Some Dawgs fans said Well He’d have won if it hadn’t been for that. Well Duh !!! But look at Stetson he lost AD Mitchell right away, and Blaylock is just recently starting to look like himself. So might not those Closer score games been won by a much higher margin ?? How bad would the Dawgs have beat TN or LSU had Mitchell and Blaylock Both been at 100%, Blaylock for the TN game, Mitchell ( he played but very limited and not yet close to 100%) vs LSU ?? True answer is we’ll never know. To close I STILL Say that Some NFL Team should pick Stetson up, I have No Clue which round, let him work in a Pro system, Then Hopefully in a game where they are Way Ahead and the rival is clearly beat, bring him out and See what he could do. The main problem is scenarios like that don’t happen nearly as often as they do in college. But I’d give him a shot in a reserve role and just See what he could do with some Time in a Pro system. Just as he Has done, he just might make allot of people Wrong Again !!

• Options

Bravo !! Bravo !! My Brother strikes again !!! Excellent points !! In particular Kurt Warner !! Man was working at a Grocery Store !! Allot of people Told him what he couldn’t do, but he Showed them what he Could !! The people on here that go to great lengths to explain and try to detail why Stetson just couldn’t make it in the NFL are by and large the Same People who’ve bashed on him from the start !! And had THEY been in charge Stetson would have Never gotten the chance to go 27-3 !! Then they scramble and say But, But he had help !! Well Duh !! ALL QBs have help !! When Bama lost the Natty to the Dawgs the First Thing out of Bama fans mouths ( and Even Some Dawgs fans) was well Bryce had lost his Two Best Go To receivers !! Well cry me buckets full Lol !! Look at All the receivers Stetson has either lost entirely or played dinged up really bad or played coming back from major injuries !! The point is ALL QBs have to have the best O line they can have, the best receivers they can have, and the best run support they can have to Really shine !! Even Tom Brady as great as he is has to have some help !!! I NEVER said that some NFL team should draft Stetson in the first round and make him their franchise starting QB next year Lol !! But I Did say and Still do that I Believe he’d be worth picking up by an NFL team. Let him work in practices in a Pro system Hopefully for a couple of years and just See what he could do. Yes, Yes if they gave him just two years he’d be 27 yrs old. That’s still Plenty young even in the NFL. I can’t Assure that he wouldn’t be a bust, but I Sure won’t say he’d be a loss either. He definitely has that IT factor that could be what would help him break through. I Hope he gets a chance.

• Options

@thadec You brag and brag on Stroud here and You Have in past threads to. YET in the Pre-Heisman Ceremony, You said that Stetson should win it. You ALSO Said that you were Never gonna doubt on Stetson again. Should I go back and copy & paste. But here you are Again saying he doesn’t deserve a shot in the NFL. And talking about he just CANT throw a spiral past 30 yds which is a Total crock because I’ve Seen Him do that quite a few times right from my good ole recliner. You fancy yourself as being some sort of football guru. If You had been in charge Stetson would never have had an opportunity. Then as a last straw you go to great lengths to talk about all the “Help” he had. But in the same post you point out that Stroud lost his three best receivers. I guess you haven’t noticed the Injury Revolving Door at UGA at that position in the last two years ?? Your comments on Stetson are just as Pathetic and Insulting as the one you made about James Cook being picked up by the NFL Only Because of his future HOF brother, YOUR words. Well Stetson has proved people like YOU Wrong so far, I’ll delight in the Hope of seeing him do it again. Maybe some day you’ll Learn, Oh Great Guru that some things can’t be measured by stats.

• Options

Oh and as fans we can speculate, opinion-ate, pontificate, and constipate. But according to Mike’s article an “NFL Expert” said that Stetson IS being looked at, AND will Continue to be measured in these last Two games ( I’m not gonna say hopefully, cause I’m Believing our Dawgs Will beat OSU) so Stetson needs to have Great games in Both. Talk about being motivated !! He’s already said Repeatedly he’s Hungry for another Natty !! Stetson is a hard to define Dude, he’s just not a one size fits all. In the games where on paper it looks like the rival is pretty much inferior, yeah he tended to come out slow and sloppy. But, and this is the good news we’ve seen, when the rival is an equal or maybe even better, he seems to come out with this fire in his belly to Win !! I’m Confident that fire will be there vs OSU as Stetson was voted under Stroud. That IT factor is gonna show up. And the really cool thing about it is it spreads through out the whole Offense. I’m just saying, Y’all saw it !! Now I will temper my comments with this proviso and what I think is good advice. OSU is gonna be The toughest game the Dawgs have played ALL year. There Will be times we’re gonna be pulling our hair out !! But the Dawgs are gonna win this game. And it’s gonna be a Team effort. But Stetson Will make a significant contribution to the Win. Watch and see !! P.S. If it gets pretty tight, Don’t Give Up !! The Dawgs ARE gonna Win in a tough contest !!

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2022

I don't get why Stetson is considered 'too short'. He's within an inch or two of many other higher ranked QBs. Are the lineman and linebackers that much taller in the NFL that he can't see over them? (sarcasm). I would rather have a QB that can read fast and drop a dime in most ranges than a 6'6" QB who can throw a ball 70 yards but can't hit the side of a barn.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Anyone who thinks Bo Nix is better than Stetson is crazy. Ga fans have seen him lose 4 years in a row.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

They drafted Ridder in the 3rd round...and there is no way, in hell's bathroom, Smith is going to put all his eggs in that basket. I questioned the sanity of that pick, when I heard it...until I realized it was the Falcons. Lol

They will, undoubtedly, be Quarterback shopping, after the season. Mariota is done, Ridder is an untested, unknown commodity...and they just signed a guy off the Titans Practice Squad, another unknown commodity, to back up Ridder.

I don't know of another NFL Team, in more dire need of a QB. Not just any QB. He has to be capable of running out of Arthur Smith's system. That means, a mobile QB to distribute the ball with accuracy, to his TE's & RB's, while being able to move the chains with his feet....

Sound like anybody we all know and love? Lol

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

BTW...I NEVER take Heckle & Jeckle (McShay & Kiper) serious. They're clueless.

The way they analyze talent, reminds me of that game show, where you can, "Ask the Audience" or "Call a Friend". Lol...they react to what they hear...and, they don't know when they're being played by GM's and HC's.