Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State QB C.J. Stroud: Buckeyes preparing to ‘let it loose’ against Georgia

2»

Comments

• Options
    dawgIVlifedawgIVlife Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Remember the TITANS🤣😅. I LIKE THAT...

• Options
    SgtmdxSgtmdx Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Newly joined Ohio State fan here. I don't speak for all OSU fans, obviously but I will say there's a strong current of pessimism concerning this game, Coach Day and Stroud. Day's offense has been very predictable for the last couple of years and as more time passes (and more losses in The Game), the natives are getting restless. First and foremost, concerning CJ Stroud, he's an outstanding young man. He's an extremely intelligent QB who can make all the throws with remarkable accuracy. The "knock" on CJ from the Buckeye fan base is that he will not run, ever. He consistently refuses to take wide open lanes to pick up 6-8 yards to keep drives alive. Many Buckeye fans call him soft as a result. I'll admit that it's obvious that CJ doesn't like to get hit but that doesn't make him different than most other QBs. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he trusts his arm and his outstanding receivers to make the play more than he trusts his legs. This has been incredibly frustrating to watch over the last couple of years especially considering that he's actually a helluva athlete. CJ's resistance to taking what the D will give them has caused many to doubt his leadership and grit. Honestly, I don't know. He's not a fiery, grab your facemask type of leader but there are different types of leadership and I'm not part of the team so I (nor 99.9% of the rest of the fanbase) have no idea whether he's a good leader.

As for the soft label, it's both true and untrue at the same time. They aren't soft as in PAC 12 soft. They can play traditional Big 10 smashmouth football on offense and the D-line and LBs can bring it. Where they are "soft" is between the ears and IMHO, it comes directly from Day. His asshole tends to pucker when they are challenged by a team that has the talent to do so. I've watched enough Georgia games over the last few years to know that they definitely have the on field talent and the coaching to qualify. I really don't think the Bucks will be intimidated by the Dawgs. I think they are actually pretty well matched in terms of talent and athletes but if Day puckers again, it will be a long night for OSU.

Obviously, I am not expecting a Buckeye victory against the Bulldogs although I will be screaming at the tv for one.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I tried to watch some of every OSU game this season. Seems like they were on TV every week. It seemed like every time I tuned in OSU was struggling into the 2nd half to beat whoever they were playing. Why? IDK. OSU has talent.

The 2 keys will be 1) UGA DB's need to be dialed in, assignment sound and coached up on OSU passing tendencies. 2) The OSU IOL can't be dominated if they expect to win. How good are they? IDK.

As always, SBIV's decision making and accuracy will greatly impact the game. It bodes well for UGA IF the OL feels slighted for not winning Joe Moore and decides to take it out on OSU DL.

Does CJStroud , who apparently hasn't run all year, decide to take advantage of some running lanes? Does UGA waste a "spy" on a QB that doesn't run? (until now?) Why do I get a sneaking suspicion that Smith-Njigba is a surprise last minute addition to this game?

• Options
    RS289RS289 Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

OSU thinks they are physical enough to play 60 minutes of big man football. Looking at their schedule when they had to they failed. Their o line will not stop Carter. Nobody else really has.