Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Ohio State coach Ryan Day’s biggest concern facing Georgia comes as no surprise

SystemSystem Posts: 10,431 admin
edited December 2022 in Article commenting
imageOhio State coach Ryan Day’s biggest concern facing Georgia comes as no surprise

ATLANTA — Ohio State coach Ryan Day is known as an offensive ****, able to diagnose and exploit matchups while dialing up plays for Buckeyes’ teams that never lack scoring firepower.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    10DAWG10DAWG Posts: 254 ✭✭✭ Junior

Throw all those rankings out the door, Day seen what LSU done to exploit UGA's DB's and knows it will come down to explosive plays and turnovers if they have a chance. Let's hope " The Dawgs " tighten up. GATA !!!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2022

Day is certainly going to have to exhibit his offensive genius for his offense to compete against Kirby’s genius on defense. For all the accolades being heaped on Georgia’s defense, about all that can be said about OSU’s defense is average, mediocre, etc. Put that against the Dawg’s elite offense with more weapon’s available than they’ve had all year and Monken’s genius that is equal to if not greater than Day’s, the outcome should be obvious!

As with all 13 games this year, the only way for the Dawgs to lose is for Georgia to beat Georgia!

• Options
    CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 652 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another commenter pointed out the other day that pressure on Stroud will be the key. That can't be overemphasized.

Stroud is mobile, has a pretty good line, is accurate and makes good decisions. No matter how well our DBs play, they'll need help from Jalen, Nazir, Mykel, Smael and others to avoid being cut up by Stroud and his excellent receivers.

I don't have any doubt that our DLs and LBs have the strength and speed to collapse the pocket and pursue Stroud relentlessly.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ShoottheHooch

People keep saying this - "Ohio State coach Ryan Day is known as an offensive ****, able to diagnose and exploit matchups while dialing up plays for Buckeyes’ teams that never lack scoring firepower" - but I just don't see it. To me, I just see a bog standard pro style with air raid principles (or vice versa) who just has more talent than everybody else 90% of the time. He has had 3 first round picks at QB in a row: Haskins, Fields and now Stroud. He recruited a bunch of future 1st round pick WRs: Olave, Wilson, Williams (portaled to Alabama), Smith-Njiba, Harrison Jr., Egbuka. His OL recruiting hasn't been as good as some Ohio State predecessors i.e. Jim Tressel and John Cooper but it hasn't fallen off the map either. His RB recruiting? Same: no Ezekiel Elliott or Eddie George - not that anyone is playing RBs of that caliber anymore as guys like that are playing LB, safety and WR these days - but very good guys to fit his system. That gives Ohio State more talent on offense than any defense that he is going to see in the Big 10, Michigan and Penn State included.

Ryan Day got a lot of credit for getting Urban Meyer away from his Bowling Green, Utah and Florida offenses - which Dan Mullen (his OC at all those schools) contributed mightily to anyway - and that's great. But Ohio State won their 1 title in 2014 before Day joined their staff. Clemson won 2 titles - nearly 3 - with less talent. Maybe the QBs were better, but Ohio State had better RBs, OL and WRs. Then you had the LSU title in 2019 with a scheme that is "similar to but better than" what Ohio State runs, a QB who couldn't win the starting job in Columbus, maybe not quite as good at WR (Justin Jefferson may be one of the best to play the game) but definitely comparable at OL and better at RB. Then UGA won the 2021 title with a QB that can't make half the throws that Day's QBs can and WRs that Day would never offer scholarships to. (Yes, UGA has better TEs than Ohio State but not utilizing the TE nearly as much as did Clemson in 2016 with Jordan Leggett - a 5th round pick who was out of the NFL in 3 years - is a major flaw in Day's offense.)

If Ohio State doesn't somehow upset Georgia on Saturday, the people who write Day's paychecks should start to demand changes. Day took over arguably the third best program in the country after Alabama and Clemson, and now they can't take advantage of the Bama and Clemson declines because of not even being the best program in the Big 10 anymore.

• Options
    keetl21keetl21 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2022

Offensive ****...LMAO!!! Can even beat Michigan

• Options
    RedPantsDawgRedPantsDawg Posts: 175 ✭✭✭ Junior

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Georgia has the advantage on both trenches.

• Options
    BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lol...you don't think Smart was setting em up with a soft Defense in the LSU game? He's been manipulating the Dawgs output all year to elicit the exact opinion you just expressed. I don't see Day falling for it, though. He knows what UGA can do...for all the good it'll do him.

You can know exactly what the other team is gonna do...but, stopping them is another issue. OSU just doesn't have "IT" this year. And, a second bite at the apple isn't gonna taste any sweeter than the first one did, against Michigan.

"I pity the fools"....said, "Mister T". Lol

Have some faith. The Dawgs WILL NOT BOMB! They aren't built that way. They're more like a military unit.

• Options

Good plan. That's been UGA's DNA all year. I see no reason to change it now.

That's what cost em the SECCG last year. Changing the formula vice tweeting it, can be disastrous.

• Options
    edited December 2022

"If Ohio State doesn't somehow upset Georgia on Saturday, the people who write Day's paychecks should start to demand changes."

🤣🤣🤣...

"Bennett can't make 50% of the throws that OSU QBs make." ---"thadec". .

I want to make darn sure you get full credit for that absurd statement.

According to the all-knowing "thadec"...changes are a comin' in Ohio after tomorrow.

Yeah....right! Don't you ever get tired of being wrong? Lmao

Well, I guess even a broken clock is right twice a day. I'm going to take this opportunity to let the Dawgs know, there are a lot of people in...and out...of the State of UGA that are in their corner tomorrow.

I was in Knoxville over Christmas and wore my UGA shirts and hats. UT Fans were coming up to me, telling me that most Tennessee fans were pulling for the Dawgs to win. They said, "If not Tennessee...then, UGA", basically. I suppose, it might be the other way around someday. But, not today.

Go get em Big Red Machine. Happy New Year to everybody. 😁

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BigDawg61 Amen !!! Tell it Brother !!! Go Dawgs !!! Whup up on them Weird Walnuts !!!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two things imho, 1) Our Offense is not waaay behind OSU as some of the experts like to claim. No our Offense is neck and neck with OSU. 2) We as Dawgs fans know our Defensive Front & LBs are Very good. And they Will be vs OSU. But I’m Believing that Kirby, Muschamp, & Schumann will have the DBs coached up to play Their best game of the year !! I will give OSU credit they are a very good team, but Not Enough, Dawgs will Win !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Is it really Ryan Day? Or is it REALLY Butch Jones with a beard?

• Options
    edited December 2022

@ColumbusDawg ...🤣🤣🤣...you're right.

And so are you @navydawg. Anybody that wants to compare OSU's coaching staff with UGA's...I laugh in your general direction. 😂 I've never seen a staff constructed as strong as UGA's, from top -to-bottom. It's a "Dream Team". IMO