Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football historically big betting favorite over TCU in CFP Championship Game

SystemSystem Posts: 10,530 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football historically big betting favorite over TCU in CFP Championship Game

ATLANTA — Georgia football opened as a 14-point favorite to beat TCU in the CFP Championship Game on Jan. 9 in Inglewood, Calif., representing the largest point spread in the history of unified title game formats dating back to the start of the BCS Era in 1998.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

TCU has proved it's not smart to sleep on them this season. I have no doubt Kirby and company will have the boys ready to do some giggin' on Jan 10!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Be assured TCU will be an extremely tough game. But also be assured Kirby and our Dawgs will find a way to win !! Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Both teams are beat up and tired. Its gonna be a battle. Glad that Michigan hype is over...

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 70 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Once again, thanks Vegas. You’ve managed rile up 15 UGA opponents this season, and post season.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think it's going to be another close battle. I don't see the 14-point spread after what I saw the Horny frogs capable of against Michigan. Their D-line and O-lines are solid and more than capable of competing. TCU's backup RB, Demercado, ran for 150 yards on 17 carries. Overall, they had 263 yards of rushing and 225 yards of passing. There were 6 turnovers in the game against Michigan (3 from both teams), so that definitely affected the pace, scoring, and rhythm of the game.

Both teams are coming in pretty beat up and tired, but I'd say the Dawgs fought a tougher battle and need more recovery time. Duggan is a great QB and a very capable & durable runner. We will have to account for his feet and keep him contained as best as we can.

In yesterday's games, all the teams had 4-5 weeks of preparation. Now, we both only get a week. Could make a big difference in how players execute and the overall game plan. Carter was gassed much of the game yesterday which surprised me. But, it sounded like the Mercedes stadium was too warm. Luckily, SoFi stadium in LA has an open air design that allows cool air from the Pacific (5 miles away) to keep things comfortable.

• Options
    jvillebiljvillebil Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ohio State considered they played one of their best games in a long while. Georgia meanwhile felt like they played a poor game for the most part yet we still managed to win. What does that tell you about the state of our game and attitude. I don't think TCU can get up 2 weeks in a row and UGA is battle tested. I also believe the mailman will deliver his final package.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Glad that vaunted Big 10 rematch talk is over with as well!

Go Dawgs! Hate on horney toads!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fun Facts from the Michigan-TCU game:

-TCU’s defense notched 13 tackles for loss to Michigan’s three.

-Talk about physicality - The Horned Frogs ran 41 times for 263 yards on Michigan’s top-5 rushing defense — even after losing starter Kendre Miller to injury after just eight attempts. Emari Demarcado stepped up to run for 150 yards on 17 carries.

-TCU led from start to finish. The margin veered from as high as 19 to as low as three, and there were frequent and jarring momentum changes — thanks to six combined turnovers, five 20-plus yard touchdowns and several controversial officiating moments.

-Even with a sub-par passing outing by Max Duggan (14/29, 225 yards, 2 TDs, 2 Int) these Frogs led the entire game and seemed like the dominant team. If Duggan gets his rhythm like Stroud did against us, well, need I say more?

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

I said before when many Dawg fans were downplaying TCU by saying the committee messed over us by forcing us to play OSU instead of TCU., the assumption being TCU is the weaker team, that no one should underestimate the Horned Frogs. I live in Texas and go to TCU games and I know for a fact that they are a worthy opponent for the Dawgs. I HATE we've been installed as a 14-point favorite. That's just more fuel for TCU. I do hope our guys will find some fuel of our own and not eat all of the rat poison that's sure to be doled out to them this week. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    1946Dawgshappened1946Dawgshappened Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Currently according to UGA , the Dawgs are going for their fourth national title. This is incorrect. They are actually going for their fifth national title. The history is as follows: Georgia was recognized as the 1946 National Champions by the Williams ranking system. While the AP had Georgia ranked #3 (SEC hatred was real even back then), the fact is we were the only unbeaten and untied team in 1946 and Sugar Bowl Champs. This is a very similar to the 1942 national championship when the AP gave the title to Ohio State despite the fact Ohio State didn't play in a bowl game. UGA didn't claim the 1942 championship either until Vince Dooley made the case for it. I have contacted UGA officials multiple times with these facts but have never heard a response.

I am asking all UGA fans the contact UGA officials and demand they recognize our great 1946 squad as National Champions.

Go Dawgs!!!!

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

As with every team UGA has faced this season, TCU will bring their A game, and be ready to play. Hopefully, the DAWGS get these mistakes that Kirby mentioned, corrected before that time . I'm expecting a true battle with TCU, but the DAWGS talent, and depth will take over in the 2nd half. Although that depth isn't quite as deep now, with several dinged up players for UGA. With that being said, I see a score in the neighborhood of 34-24 for a DAWGS win..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow, I wasn't expecting 14 points. I expect that to drop.

Excellent points though on the timeline. Both teams just finished heavy weight fights and are worn down. TCU has no time to prepare specifically for us and no time to heal. If we pound the ball, they might be pretty thin and worn by 4th Q.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like our chances with our coaches and their abilities on a normal 1 week game planning. We will be ready with a solid plan to contain Duggan. Just hope no one was injured too bad.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Takeaways from this past week's matchups: Just heard Tulane defeated USC....some ESPN moron claimed all season that the only two teams that could beat the DAWGS were TOS and USC.....Like I've always said, the proof is in the puddin...I'm waiting for the mea culpa. The Heisman voters that gave the most prestigious award in college football to C Williams blew it! Hands Down, Without a Doubt Saturday night proved C J Stroud is The Best QB in college football and SBIV is second, Duggan is third. I hope the idiots that voted the Joe Moore Award to the Michigan O-Line, for the second year....turn in your credentials, YOU"RE NOT WORTHY, and you don't know JACK about offensive line play. My only prayer for Monday night is that the officiating is done by a crew from anywhere else other than the PAC 12 and they can recognise HOLDING. If my prayer is answered Max D won't have time to find his outstanding receivers as he'll be running for his life all night. Almost forgot....expect Darnell and Ladd to suit up and play!