Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Dawgs show what can happen when you ‘never stop believing’

2»

Comments

• Options
    hootche10hootche10 Posts: 47 ✭✭✭ Junior

Maybe UGA should erect a statue of Brock Bowers left hand firmly planted on the turf just inside the out of bounds line

If Joe Moore were alive I believe he would demand that Michigan return the trophy they were given in his name. He would be embarrassed. Like UGA last year, TCU proved they are not the best line in football.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

"The extremely inconsistent Pac-12 officiating crew, which apparently never has heard of an uncatchable ball"

I agree that was a ridiculous call. But to play devil's advocate, I've probably seen about a hundred PI calls levied where the receiver would have had to be 9-12 feet tall to have any chance of catching the ball since the last time I've seen one waived for that reason. So (putting aside the amount of actual contact, which I would have to go back and check) I wouldn't put that call entirely on this officiating crew, as throwing the flag in that situation has become the norm. It's gotten to the point where the NCAA should just remove that caveat from the rule, since there's clearly no intention of ever enforcing it. It wouldn't change anything, but at least it would be less aggravating.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Great article @BillKing , sir!!

You have me by just a few years….but we have definitely shared some of the same air and enjoyed some of the same memories! This game ranks up there with the 2017 Rose Bowl win for sure as far as championship importance and excitement!

Thanks for sharing and expounding on the game!

And I think the word from Larry Munson would be….”Miracle!!”

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    bigdawg88bigdawg88 Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

If they were running off the field before the snap it's okay, but all 12 were set so it should have been called. Umpire behind the line is supposed to count the number of players. Dang, if he can't even count what is he doing calling major college games? lol Are they having problems hiring enough referees?