Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football wide receiver commit Raymond Cottrell flips to Texas A&M

Comments

• WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Had a great haul in this class and with the addition of the two feom the portal this is not a surprise. We have a really talented group. Wish this young man the best of luck.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

We have a great group of receivers, especially with the transfers. Who returns among the current receivers?

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 93 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think I remember he tweeted on signing day that he was still committed to Georgia. I think he may have lied…

• jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 217 ✭✭✭ Junior

good luck farewell. Got more folks who want to be Dawgs to take your place

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Everyone on this forum is blaming the kid. I think he wanted to sign with UGA, but I think UGA "upgraded" with their recruits and the two transfers, and there simply isn't room for him anymore. It's unlikely UGA will sign any more wide receivers this recruiting cycle. Even on signing day, Cottrell was tweeting at Travis Hunter to come to Georgia after he left Jackson State. Just because a kid doesn't sign with a school, it doesn't always mean that it was his decision.

• WoodrowWoodrow Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

@daddydawg72 if Deuce Robinson is available we will take him all day and twice on Sunday.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wish him the best. But he might well regret going to TAMU. Not wishing that on him, just saying…..

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Georgia is also recruiting 5-star tight end Duce Robinson to add to the 2023 recruiting haul." 

I've read in a couple of different articles that USC is the overwhelming favorite to get Robinson. It's never a done-deal until they sign, as we have just learned with the news of Cotrell signing with aTm. I'm sure Smart and Hartley would love to get him, but they are loaded without him. I guess we'll know soon enough.

GO DAWGS!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Deuce Robinson will play more slot/spread receiver than tight TE. The question is "is he coming to UGA"? 50/50

So there is a place in the class. Robinson? RB Cobb has not signed w/AU. RB Marshawn Lloyd has not announced his transfer landing spot. QB Grayson McCall has also not announced his transfer destination yet.

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 786 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Silly, silly young man.

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sorry he left, but if he’s afraid of competition he needs to go elsewhere. The good news is we now have an extra scholarship for a better player who wants to be a Dawg and compete. Go Dawgs!!!

• BigDawg61BigDawg61 Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Exactly right. Same thing happened with Will Anderson in '19. He wanted to come to UGA...but, the Dawgs couldn't even offer him. No room. I think UGA had a pretty darn good defense without Anderson...and Anderson had nice career without UGA. No harm...no foul.

Go Dawgs!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

He may have taken his name out of the TP to play in the CC bowl game. He got knocked out of the game. He may still transfer.

Would you stay at CC if you had your pick of AL, FU, UGA, ND, etc etc and showcase your talent on the biggest stage and compete for a championship?

NIL money alone would be 3x what he would get at CC.