Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former top UGA target at edge rusher ... enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 10,422 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer top UGA target at edge rusher ... enters transfer portal

The highest-rated recruit that Will Muschamp signed when he was South Carolina’s football coach entered the transfer portal on Thursday, per multiple reports.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t have enough of these guys. If he wants to come, let him come! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    CharlestonDawgFanCharlestonDawgFan Posts: 85 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    GoodtimeDawgGoodtimeDawg Posts: 468 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby has shown that he will go after a quality player even if he has quality players in house that play the same position, like when he went after Caleb Williams even though he had quality QBs already on the team. It will be interesting to see how this shapes out! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    RomeDawg288RomeDawg288 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After missing on our high school targets (Hobbs & James), this would fill our need for a 5t DE. Would be a huge get!

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

Could be a nice addition to the team. Every one needs to realize we are not going to get every one of the top tier. I would rather have a hard working three than an ego trip 5.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

🤔 hmmm…..

Uga possessing a huge gap at DE between exiting smith and Beal and the young pups, now a player in the portal who plays that position who was signed and recruited by a coach on our staff????

coincidence?

I feel like Rod Roddy…. Come on down!!!

• Options
    JAMossman93JAMossman93 Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Yep...you can count on a typo or misspelled word or two in every article.....or flat out bad grammar.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

If Burch costs UGA any of its current or committed OLB or DE players I hope he goes to Oregon. Bringing in guys over guys you recruited and have committed does not build the "earn your playing time" narrative and the kind of team unity that has separated UGA from other programs over the last 2 yrs.

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

Burch played for the GC's the last three seasons.....I'd think Oregon would be a much easier place to start than Georgia for the eligibility he has left. Also, a much easier conference to shine and show out......The DAWGS have done ok without him for three years, I know we will do even better with the recruits we have. Best wishes Mr Burch, choices have consequences.

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

“Best wishes Mr Burch, choices have consequences.”

Be sure and inform Kirby of your decision to send Mr Burch to Oregon lol…

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Several years ago he committed to the closest university to his hometown so I doubt it’s in his DNA to move all the way to Oregon. I like our chances on Burch and I don’t think he will scare off recent recruits. He only has 2 years of eligibility remaining and we give most of our talented athletes plenty of playing time and substitute a lot so the good ones will stay. Go Dawgs!!!