Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football fans flocking to Los Angeles, but bettors like TCU, ticket demand in Texas

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football fans flocking to Los Angeles, but bettors like TCU, ticket demand in Texas

LOS ANGELES — Flights arrived in Los Angeles on Thursday filled with fans clad in red and black, an early indication the Georgia Bulldogs’ fans will be in takeover mode once again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

The folks picking TCU to cover are going to take a beating.

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

So Vegas is basically paying people, kinda sorta, to bet on TCU.

I'm not a betting man, but you'd have to pay me more than they're paying.

That said, I realize as does anybody with any understanding of the game, TCU deserves to be in the National Championship Game, and could flat out beat us.

I'm pretty sure Kirby & Company plan to give it their best shot.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It would be soooo nice to see UGA cover in this game. That spread is easier on my cardiopulmonary system.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Georgia 42 TCU 21

• Options
    BeachwagonBeachwagon Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

You should never bet based on emotion. Ross Perot is going to hear that giant **** sound of Benjamins leaving Texas Monday night after the horny toads get slapped...

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

I expect SoFi to be at least 50% purple. This is literally a once-in-a-lifetime thing for them, whereas we did it 12 months ago and five years ago.

If I were a TCU fan, money would not be a consideration in regards to this game.

• Options
    thadecthadec Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Might not be so "once in a lifetime." First off, had the committee not jobbed TCU out of a spot in 2014 - some alleged that they went with the big northern state public school with the known name in Ohio State over the small southern religious school, and keep in mind that the Pac-10 rejected the "replace Texas A&M with Baylor" option that would have saved their attempt to add Texas and Oklahoma back in the day for the same "no religious schools" reason and instead got stuck with just Colorado and Utah, which laid the groundwork for their eventually losing UCLA and USC - who knows how that would have affected their profile and recruiting going forward. Instead all we got was Oklahoma making the playoff nearly every year to lose in the first round.

Now thanks to this TCU's recruiting is going to get a bump, especially in the transfer portal. And the Big 12 is down: Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas went 6-7, 6-7 and 8-5 this season. Texas might bounce back real fast but the way Lincoln Riley left Oklahoma that is going to be a 3 year rebuilding job and Dave Aranda might not be the guy at Baylor (Matt Rhule's players are mostly one). Plus Texas and Oklahoma leave the Big 12 soon and the playoff is expanding! So this just might be the start of something for the boys from Fort Worth.