Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Stetson Bennett reaches ‘G.O.A.T status’ with press conference absence adding to his legend

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageStetson Bennett reaches ‘G.O.A.T status’ with press conference absence adding to his legend

LOS ANGELES — Stetson Bennett didn’t get a chance give a hungover interview this year. Safe to say the senior quarterback learned from his viral moments following last year’s national championship win. There was no shot of him drinking Pappy Van Winkel Bourbon after the win.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

D. G. D. Forever.

I am confused about this bit, though:

“Smart went a bit further in the haze of celebrating Georgia’s second-straight national championship.

“I know he’s got G.O.A.T. status in Athens, Georgia forever,” Bennett said.”

Did Smart say this about Bennett, and the attribution is wrong, or did Bennett say it about Smart and the lead-in is off?

• Options
    LakeSinclairLakeSinclair Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

To be inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame, you need to have been a first-team All-American on one of several approved All-American teams. I’m calling for one of those lists to add Stetson as the first-team All-American holder so that he’s good to go a decade from now.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"I know he’s got G.O.A.T. status in Athens, Georgia forever,” Bennett said"

Long night,huh, Kirby said.

• Options

I like the story Kirby told of his 10 yr old son bawling his eyes out before the game and Kirby thinking someone had picked on him said, "stop crying and tell me what's wrong." He said his son just kept saying, " Stetsons not coming back or is leaving. "

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd love to see Stet get drafted. He certainly deserves a shot at playing. The guy is definitely the GOAT in Athens, and I'd put him up there in the Top 10 of all college football QBs in history. His story is unlike any other QB.

• Options
    Ddavis0777Ddavis0777 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love the avoidance of the press conference this am. The program had no business putting him on GMA last year. Not justifying his going in 3 sheets to the wind, but it was a press team error to line up that interview on GMA. This year Stetson “opted out”…. Which CFB fans should be fine with…. We condone players doing it for games. Why not take the same approach with the media?

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I have dogged SBIV for the last two years, and admit that I was wrong. He played masterfully in his last college game and proved me wrong and CKS right. We have more talent in this position waiting in the wings and wonder who will win the job. Kirby Smart has built proven program that always wants to get better and it does. 65 - 7 shows that the Dawgs are at a new level. I'm very pleased to witness and cheer for this excellence. GO DAWGS!!! And, Stetson, please forgive me.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

OK I’ve been a Herschel Walker fan, respecter, admirer for well since………. Um Y’all know. But I think Stetson is now At Least on the same level in UGA lore as Herschel. With stress on at least. And you know what ? I think Herschel is just fine with that !! Stetson will always and forever be a DGD !! P.S. I sure Hope some NFL team will give him a fighting chance !! All they have to do is tell him You Can’t cut the mustard. Then make sure they order up a nice big plate of Crow !! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson !! Oh and least anyone think other wise Herschel will always and forever be a DGD in my book to !!

• Options
    Oldddawg76Oldddawg76 Posts: 393 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

SB4 not making the HOF is criminal.. If he doesn't it will because of pure biased snobbery.

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 823 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't be too hard on yourself, WCH... you're in massive company, with droves of converts along the way (myself included). A variety of lessons to be learned in the "Stetson Story" from multiple angles. Thanks, Mailman, for the education and inspiration. Go Dawgs!

• Options

I thought SB’s answers to the post game interview questions were well answered. Some of the questions well maybe only one was either a trap or not well thought out. Are you the greatest UGA QB of all time? If he says “yes I think I am” then he’s a pompous jerk. Or if he says “ no I don’t think I am” then he’s lying or he’s somehow not intune to his accomplishments. I thought he navigated his answer well.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man the rival fans are hating on our Dawgs Lol !! And they are hating in particular on Stetson Lol !! When the rivals do that with such anger it tells you you did something right !! All their insults won’t Ever change the Fact that our Dawgs are Back2Back Champions, and Stetson Bennett was the QB that lead the way Both times !! Go Dawgs !! Go Stetson “The Mailman” Bennett !! **** it up Rivals !! Your Jealousy just makes it all the sweeter !!

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

People kept saying that about Brady for a long time as well.

4 time Playoff MVP

2 time National Champion

Kiss the rings

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

It wouldn't be snobbery, just their **** rules. Leach is in the same boat.

But if Leach and Bennett aren't hall worthy, then it's not really a Hall of Fame.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yessir. I have a family thread where two of my cousins, my uncle, my brother, and I text back and forth during the games. My uncle started off the TD countdown for this one, but by the time we'd gotten to five, we had to start double-checking against the score to make sure we were even counting right.