Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart tips hand on Georgia quarterback position: mobility a priority

2»

Comments

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Another possible factor may be Todd Monken's future. We should hear pretty soon if he could be leaving or will stay. If we do have to bring in another OC that could affect offensive scheme. Also, Kirby said Stetson read the defense on that 3rd/dn/10 and set up the blitzing linebacker for the first down run. If Carson has the knowledge to read the D the same way, i believe he also has the mobility to do just what Stetson did. He may not have the dead leg quickness to pull a Stetson run, but i think he'll have the straight-line running ability similar to a Trevor Lawrence type QB.

• Options
    jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 397 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA needs to do whatever necessary to keep Monken another year. The first ever Three Peat is possible with that guy around. (I know Minnesota did it in the 30's, but that doesn't count - only eight games and they lost one).

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tell me a having a great OC doesn't make a difference and I'll eat your hat. Monken had a masterpiece plan on Monday night. Some of the guys on offense mentioned it after thee game. You could tell they were impressed. Basically everything he dialed up was clicking.

I sure hope we don't lose him. Perhaps the thought of a 3-peat is tantalyzing enough to make him stay and see if he can pull it off. Never been done before to my knowledge, and his name and mark would be all over it. I could just about gaurantee that if he pulled that off he could write his own ticket wherever he wants to go. Heck, he could probably do that now, but a 3-peat!

• Options
    GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 446 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Best decision was not bringing in a 2023 signee"

I hope this means that CKS knows with some degree of certainty that none of the three will transfer. I know there are no guarantees to assure that all three will stay, but I cant imagine going into the season with only two scholarship QB's.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

So did we (last year)...it counts because they, like us, played the games on their schedule.

• Options

I could be wrong, but Monken in his responses about the job prospects doesn't give off a "wanting/needing to move" vibe. So while he might seriously consider an offer as a HC, I feel like some front offices may view his "happy at his current job" aura as a lack of hunger and desire for their job, so he could get passed over a bit wrongly for it by other,seemingly hungrier coaches.

• Options

I can't see any transferring in this window, but one will likely be gone in the next (after spring practice).