Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Former 5-star defensive back Jaheim Singletary to enter transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageFormer 5-star defensive back Jaheim Singletary to enter transfer portal

One of Georgia’s top signees from the 2022 recruiting cycle will be looking to play elsewhere, as defensive back Jaheim Singletary intends to enter the transfer portal.

Read the full story here

Comments

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A five star I never heard of playing as a DB. Huh!

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Singletary redshirts after two games....I have a feeling this kid could not cut it at UGA. He will never do better than UGA...but to each his own.

• kylnmeg10kylnmeg10 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Like Kirby said, "entitlement". Came in with the 5 star ranking so immediately think they're gonna hop on the field and show out. Not all who have 5 star rankings will make it on the field 1st season. Or it very well could be tampering, a la Tyrique Stevenson. And that was before NIL.

• Gibroni88Gibroni88 Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Next man up!

Next future National Champion Georgia BullDawg up!

• CandlerParkCandlerPark Posts: 632 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great point on Lassiter. Not only would he bring physicality to free safety but some game experience. We'll have plenty of talent at S but not a lot of experience (beyond Starks .. and that's only one year).

• CigarDawgCigarDawg Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I am interpreting some of this "portaling out" as a sign of just how deeply talented the Dawgs are and that guys just see the writing on the wall that playing time is earned the hard way at UGA, not given.

The ones who remain will be the hungriest and hardest when toe meets leather in 2023!!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He doesn't belong here!

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Wish Singletary could've seen the long term big picture. CKS did him a favor letting him get physically stronger and learn the D before throwing him in the fire. When he was ready he would be right there. Kid has a very high ceiling.

UGA needs to play their best cover corners in the current CFB landscape. Bigtime passing O is the trend. OSU has 3 more 5* WR's committed. AL has high ranked TP and recruited WR's. TN not going away. There were times, as good as Lassiter and Ringo were, that WR's ran open. Yes, pass rush should improve and help the DB's. And Lassiter is good but is he an elite cover corner? He is a good support DB. Can cover well. Physical. He brings experience and knowledge of the D. Those are elite FS skills. Lassiter and MStarks at safety are 2 NFL guys covering up for everybody.

But Green, Everette, Humphrey and AJ Harris are all rated higher than Lassiter was at CB. The UGA D with 3 of these guys stepping up, with more pass rush and Lassiter and MStarks at S would be better than the '21 D.

If Singletary ends up at CO pretty safe to assume tampering.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

None of us knows what is happening behind the scenes. I don't know about this kid, but there are probably some kids who are actually "urged" to do so by the coaching staff. Just think about it, if EVERYONE stayed who could stay, plus the incoming freshmen, UGA would be way over the 85-player scholarship limit. So, some folks HAVE to leave. And some probably NEED to leave. I'm sure Kirby and the other coaches recognize this. I wish no ill will to this kid or any others that decide to leave. I do wish I understood the logic of some, but hey, they don't owe me any explanation. I'm sure whoever remains will be great -- just like this past season. Oh, and @CandlerPark , don't forget that a healthy Dan Jackson will return at safety next season, so there's a little more experience and depth right there. Go Dawgs!