Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BREAKING: The nation’s No. 3 junior safety Jaylen Heyward is now a ‘Dawg!

SystemSystem Posts: 10,421 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageBREAKING: The nation’s No. 3 junior safety Jaylen Heyward is now a ‘Dawg!

Want to attack every day with the latest Georgia football recruiting info? That’s the Intel. This rep has the latest with 4-star safety Jaylen Heyward. He ranks as the nation’s No. 3 safety and the No. 34 overall prospect for 2024 on the 247Sports Composite ratings.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

welcome aboard!!!

• Options
    DawgCrazy76DawgCrazy76 Posts: 488 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Welcome to the "G", welcome to elite! Welcome to the 2x back to back National Champs. You have made a good choice that you will never regret. Go Dawgz sic'em.😎

• Options
    DawggieDawggie Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why do the #s 2 and 3 Safeties have 4-Star rankings, and other position groups have multiple 5-Stars at the top?

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Da.mn glad to have you on board!

Let's continue to do this thing!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad he wants to be a Dawg, and I liked almost everything he said. Almost. I cringe now whenever a recruit says he's coming for the academics (well, I always cringed at that, but now, more so). Let's be real, these kids are coming so they can get prepped for the NFL. The really good ones leave after three years, with or without a degree, and the sort of good ones transfer once or twice (maybe three times) to get it right. So, it sounds nice and sweet to say they are interested in the academics, but I'd prefer they just keep it 100 and say, "I'm going to Georgia so that I can be prepped for the NFL.." I'd be OK with that.

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

And the hits just keep rolling !! Welcome to DawgNation !! Best wishes !!

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

His mother has a doctoral degree, one the family sacrificed so she could earn. I think he has been taught, and understands, the value of an education by his family. I take him at his word. Players can and do focus on academics if they want. I don't really see any benefit in insulting the young man by pretending to know his motives.