Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football 5-star linebacker Mekhail ‘MJ’ Sherman enters transfer portal

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia football 5-star linebacker Mekhail ‘MJ’ Sherman enters transfer portal

ATHENS — Junior outside linebacker MJ Sherman has entered the transfer portal, looking for an opportunity to get the sort of playing time many expected when he signed with Georgia.

Read the full story here

Comments

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Best wishes and good luck!

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thanks for the handwork best of luck moving forward. Back to back

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate to lose him!

Normally, I don't say much about transfers, but when he and his family put on social media that he was NOT leaving, that really bothers me.

Be honest! Better to say nothing than to post something like "I'm a Dawg, and I'm gonna stay a Dawg."

Of course, not knowing, it makes you wonder if the coaching staff offered more clarity to the player about future playing time since they posted on social media.

• GoodOlDawgGoodOlDawg Posts: 442 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There wasn't a noticeable increase in playing time for MJ Sherman at OLB when Nolan Smith and Chaz Chambliss became injured, so this is what I kinda thought could happen. He appeared to play hard on special teams, and on the rare occasions that he went in on defense at linebacker. He seems to be a really good guy and well liked among his teammates.

I hope he does well and gets a starting job with whatever program he decides to join. This transfer portal is something I'm going to have to get used to. I enjoy tracking these players through the recruitment/ signing process, and as they develop into players who see significant playing time and even starting roles. Sherman was a player that I expected to see more of toward the end of this season and then compete for a starting position for 2023.

GO DAWGS!

• TrippTripp Posts: 512 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I kind of hate this. I had high hopes for MJ coming into this program. He was raw and needed developing but I thought the talent potential was there.

• ChewDawgChewDawg Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

I totally agree with you about MJ. I had high hopes for him this year. Wish him nothing but success elsewhere.

• Raw54Raw54 Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman