Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia fan-favorite Dominick Blaylock considers future, receivers room in flux

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited January 2023 in Article commenting
imageGeorgia fan-favorite Dominick Blaylock considers future, receivers room in flux

ATHENS —Georgia football is transitioning right before the eyes of its fans with the annual comings and goings of players moving on to the NFL and early signees easing into the program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    lmattoxlmattox Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman
    edited January 2023
  • Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

AD Mitchell is a Sophomore Mike and not eligible for the draft... interesting how you are reporting he has draft grades

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll wait until the dust clears before making any comments or judgements about the WR room....

• Options
    DelDawgDelDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    DelDawgDelDawg Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Ladd is a Sophomore as well isn’t he?

• Options
    RyDawgRyDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Mike is by far the worst at Dawgnation. Getting his class wrong is one thing but then to report he has draft grades… c’mon man, do you literally just pull your info from your rear?

I don’t think he realizes how much respect he lost when he called Kirby an experienced cheater before the playoff game.

Please do us a favor and go find another team to cover.

• Options
    DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Blaylock has been my favorite player since the day he committed. I want him to succeed more than any other player. He is a phenomenal person and player. The guy any coach would want in their locker room.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

RUn it back for a 3 peat DOM!! You're a DGD either way! Respect!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You too, Kearis!

• Options
    doubledawg1990doubledawg1990 Posts: 108 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Deyon "Smoke" Bouie just committed to UGA

• Options
    dawgfanathensdawgfanathens Posts: 123 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Mike knows what he is talking about. See Loranwhaddayagot post below.

• Options
    osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 380 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2023

Yeah, that note about him being draft-eligible threw me. I thooooooght he was a sophomore, but I’m dang sure he’s only had two years on the field.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

While I hope Dom stays, I understand why he would want to move on. We will not be better without him and that's for sure.

• Options
    WildmanSlayerWildmanSlayer Posts: 88 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ladd McConkey was in the 2020 class that would make 2023 his 4th year, and Adonai Mitchell was in the 2021 class this would make 2023 his 3rd year.

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2023

Except he is wrong on AD. AD is not eligible til 2024. Review pretty much any NFL draft site that reports eligibility or 24-7 player profile. He was class of 2021, early enrollee. IE, he is a true sophomore.

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2023

Mitchell is three years out of high school -- did not play his first fall out, COVID- - he would need to request special eligibility, and there have been cases of that.

Per NFL.com:

"The list of underclassmen who have been approved for entry by the NFL will be released to the 32 teams on Jan. 20. In 2022, the league granted special eligibility to 73 players. Another 27 underclassmen who fulfilled their degree requirements with college football eligibility remaining were also eligible for selection."

I also added to the story, that, "The NFL informed clubs in September 2021 that it counts the 2020 college football season toward a player's eligibility, whether a player opted out of that season or not."

There may be even more to the rule, but that is my understanding and why I believe it's a possibility.

At the end of the day, if Mitchell wants to leave, there are other schools that would want him even if he could not successfully petition the NFL.

I have no idea where Mitchell will be next season, based on what I know, very much up in the air. But those transfers didn't come here to block, so it bears watching the WR room closely.